Sign in to follow this  

stainless steel brake lines

will the galfer stainless steel brake lines fit the drz 400s? when i look them up it says they fit the SM model. 

Also where is the best place to buy them i looked on TT parts and they don't seem to have them.

thanks..............nicko

• Like 1

will the galfer stainless steel brake lines fit the drz 400s? when i look them up it says they fit the SM model. 

Also where is the best place to buy them i looked on TT parts and they don't seem to have them.

thanks..............nicko

If you can't find them, I would offer up to you, that HEL stainless lines are excellent. I got them for my S and they fit absolutely perfect. The banjos come just about any color, as do the lines themselves...

I did get Galfer rotors, but the HEL were highly recommended........

If you can't find them, I would offer up to you, that HEL stainless lines are excellent. I got them for my S and they fit absolutely perfect. The banjos come just about any color, as do the lines themselves...

thanks signman

where did you buy your HEL brake lines? 

thanks ............nicko

• Like 1

thanks signman

where did you buy your HEL brake lines? 

thanks ............nicko

Damn!! I knew you were going to ask that, and I can't remember.......seems he was the distributor here in the states and he was on the east coast, like New Jersey or something. I know if you google HEL lines, distributor, you will get him. It was an easy transaction, all the colors were there, check the boxes, say it's a DRZ "S" model, and wham, in 3 or 4 days I got them.

edit: Just Googled it.....          helperformance.com      or      I noticed that Wheeling has them too.....just go there, Forrest is very cool, answers the phone himself and just place the order......eazy, peazy

Edited by Signman606
  • Like 2

Damn!! I knew you were going to ask that, and I can't remember.......seems he was the distributor here in the states and he was on the east coast, like New Jersey or something. I know if you google HEL lines, distributor, you will get him. It was an easy transaction, all the colors were there, check the boxes, say it's a DRZ "S" model, and wham, in 3 or 4 days I got them.

edit: Just Googled it.....          helperformance.com      or      I noticed that Wheeling has them too.....just go there, Forrest is very cool, answers the phone himself and just place the order......eazy, peazy

thanks

going to call wheeling today

nicko

i called HEL direct and they are shipping them to me today. They are only three hours north of me so i had to pay PA state sales tax but got both the front and rear for $125.00.

They did tell me that the S model requires a longer front line than the SM. Oh....on the TT microfiche parts list the front brake line is $212.00 WTF.

thanks for the help...............nicko

Edited by nickko
  • Like 1

You just missed a hella good sale on the Galfer brake lines by TT. I got f&r for < $86.00. I head hunted the HEL lines for years but when the Galfer's went on sale I snapped them up.

• Like 2

You just missed a hella good sale on the Galfer brake lines by TT. I got f&r for < $86.00. I head hunted the HEL lines for years but when the Galfer's went on sale I snapped them up.

+2, $74 shipped for me. Awesome TT store customer service. Still waiting for Galfer to ship them though...

EDIT: I miss being on the west coast where people said "hella" Cant wait to move back to Oregon in 2017!

Edited by WolfNman
  • Like 3

Damn I paid way more for my spiegler brake lines.

CoreMoto would definitely have been my brake line of choice, if TT didn't just have that sale on Galfer. I just couldnt pass up the price. CoreMoto's customization is unbeatable. Edited by MDMoto
  • Like 1

The way the sale was set up. It was a BOGO. You buy the front and get the rear for free. $59.00 for a set of plain janes. I added red ends to a red line. The line color was free except Platinium color. The end colors cost an extra $10.00 per line. So mine was $59 + $20 = $79 plus tax because TT is here in Vegas so + 8.1% more for a grand total of $85.40. Still about 40 bucks less than HEL. They also came with same colored banjo bolts. Sure there may be better brake lines available. Just settled on these. Have to save money somewhere...

• Like 1

The way the sale was set up. It was a BOGO. You buy the front and get the rear for free. $59.00 for a set of plain janes. I added red ends to a red line. The line color was free except Platinium color. The end colors cost an extra $10.00 per line. So mine was $59 + $20 = $79 plus tax because TT is here in Vegas so + 8.1% more for a grand total of $85.40. Still about 40 bucks less than HEL. They also came with same colored banjo bolts. Sure there may be better brake lines available. Just settled on these. Have to save money somewhere...

Very solid reasoning Jim......like the way you think  ;)

• Like 1