My new 2016 350sxf

I've been riding a rmz 250 with roughly $9,000 in engine & suspension work & finally decided to do the ktm 350 bc I usually wanted more power sooo after an hour on the bike I must say way more power than I excepted just amazing an easy to ride, almost slowed down vs a high rev 250 but I really started post bc I had $4000 in suspension work done on rmz and this is sooo much better!!!! It is so plush if you do it right but come up long and it gets rough but not burtual. I really don't think I'll revalve it's that good. I do have clickers out a lot, like 17 clicks but it works great!!! I'll post more if anyone wants.

Is this a US e 4cs or euro spec ktm w air forks? Curious because I currently have a US 350 on order and am struggling with the fact that by all reports, many seem to hate the 4cs. I know some may find it rideable and with a revalve...ok to good. But if im spending 9000 on a bike, im not going to be ok with mediocre suspension. Otherwise, great to hear that you are loving the bike. Didnt get a chance to demo one but it just seems like the perfect bike for me. Thanks

I have ridden the eu spec 350 and 250 sxf, and man i like the air fork. Very plush and still good bottoming resistance, tracks straight throught braking bumps. Also rear shock felt comfortable and the bike turned good. Hoping the air fork won't develop any reliability issues though.

You must be on LSD. I would argue the 4cs forks on the 2016 350sxf that I rode might be the single worst forks (and suspension) I have ridden to date..

What were the track conditions?  My experience is on the 450 but I found that the bike felt great early in the day or on a track that didn't develop many breaking bumps.  In fact, it was decievingly good but as soon as the track got rough, it was so bad that I thought something was actually wrong.  I have a deposti on a 450 and right now, I am trying to decide if I want to pop for cone valve forks or buy the Kawi instead as a KTM with the 4CS is not an option.  The 4CS were that bad and by all accounts, a revalve only makes them marginally better.

im sorry im not on LSD, im riding a supercross style set up track, im at a fast paced "B" level. it is a US bike and the track was groomed and watered when we started but with a few guys it doesn't take long to rut up. I had two very well known and racing companies work on my RMZ  and I still like this a lot better. I do only have little time on bike and maybe it will get worse but right now it works great for me. my only complaint is its a little wide by the rad compared to the RMZ,  I am 5'7" 165lbs and getting on a six year newer bike so maybe that's why I like it.

im sorry im not on LSD, im riding a supercross style set up track, im at a fast paced "B" level. it is a US bike and the track was groomed and watered when we started but with a few guys it doesn't take long to rut up. I had two very well known and racing companies work on my RMZ  and I still like this a lot better. I do only have little time on bike and maybe it will get worse but right now it works great for me. my only complaint is its a little wide by the rad compared to the RMZ,  I am 5'7" 165lbs and getting on a six year newer bike so maybe that's why I like it.

That's all that matters - that YOU like it and are comfortable with it, especially coming from your RMZ.  

When my son first got his '15 250 SXF, I rode it and thought the suspension was good; he wasn't crazy about it, but I'm 185 lbs and he's 140 lbs.  Then I installed the correct springs for his weight and now he loves it.  Neither of us are fast (fast C, slow B range), but the suspension isn't holding us back ha ha.

I'm actually considering going from my '13 450 SXF to a '16 350 (either KTM or Husky), so I'd love to hear more about your impressions of the bike - thanks.

All that matters is that you like it, theirs only valving diffrences from the 15 to 16, the 4cs, has a looong way togo, I have conevalve on my 15 300sx, and am blown away, ALOT better than my ohlins with huckvalves!20150809_180726.jpg20150809_180526.jpg

Nice bike mxboy! Good balance of colors and stickers....really makes it go "pop goes the weasel cause the weasel goes POP!"

Have any of the U.S. riders here thought of trying the air fork set up we have here in Europe? My 16 SXF 350 is fantastic with the new forks. I know the forks are different to reflect the different type of riding we do over the pond but I think they are so good that they'd work almost anywhere. PsyCo said he loved the EU spec

All that matters is that you like it, theirs only valving diffrences from the 15 to 16, the 4cs, has a looong way togo, I have conevalve on my 15 300sx, and am blown away, ALOT better than my ohlins with huckvalves!attachicon.gif20150809_180726.jpgattachicon.gif20150809_180526.jpg

wow what a nice bike! Them calipers tho you paint em? Or factory parts?

wow what a nice bike! Them calipers tho you paint em? Or factory parts?

their sxs calipers, pretty much the same as u see on the team bikes

After four hours on it I have a small oil leak at the back of head, very minor going to call dealer this week, I put the quick turn throttle on it, I feel it just makes it easier to ride and the suspension is still great, not on LSD still but the bottoming resistance is crazy good and is smooth I think. I'm starting to feel like I can't get it to lay over in corners as easy as my rmz but not as bad as other bikes, just have to push it a alittle where as the rmz just did it. The bike is crazy light and rides a lot like a two stroke where it feels like front end is very light and have to use rear brake in the air. So far very happy with this bike!!

Watch the oil pump cover. My buddies 16 350sxf only had 4 hours on it and developed a leak/weeping. We did some trackside maintenance pulling the cover off, checking the o-ring and all seemed good, so it's a bit of a mystery to what's going on...

All that matters is that you like it, theirs only valving diffrences from the 15 to 16, the 4cs, has a looong way togo, I have conevalve on my 15 300sx, and am blown away, ALOT better than my ohlins with huckvalves! 20150809_180726.jpg 20150809_180526.jpg

Are your Cone Valve forks 52's or the 48's? If they are the 48's are the tubes aluminum like the 52's?

Are your Cone Valve forks 52's or the 48's? If they are the 48's are the tubes aluminum like the 52's?[/quoteno]no their 48s, and no their not aluminum fork legs kevin

no their 48s, and no their not aluminum fork legs kevin

How are you liking them? I see FC has them for just under $3500 revalved and with springs. Is that about what you paid?

How are you liking them? I see FC has them for just under $3500 revalved and with springs. Is that about what you paid?

no, I paid $2800 valved for me, springs and delivery . Call billy at powerband racing, bu far the best prices. Tell him nj rob sent ya, thank me later lol

I wonder if the people who bought ohlins on your recommendation will still also thank you ;-)

I wonder if the people who bought ohlins on your recommendation will still also thank you ;-)

nothing wrong with ohlins at all, so yea they will. And the fact that ohlins went up in price and the wp cv are $2800 no brainer. And I have no problems admitting that the cv are better than the ohlins, I loved my ohlins set up but found something better, nothing wrong with that. Powerbands set up is diffrent from out of the box wp cv that fc would sell u aswell, he makes his own mv piston which helps with keeping the fork very plush and still great bottoming, sorry for our diffrences mog, but u where right and I was wrong.