Sign in to follow this  

2007 YZ250, Bent Brake Pedal, Bend Back or Have to Replace?

In a MX race last night, I got T-boned. The brake pedal is now bent. Can it be bent back or do I have to replace it?

Also, what is a good way to get grip rubber off the top of the back fender and white front fender plastic off the stock pipe?

Thank you.

I would heat the pedal up and bend it back. Lacquer thinner will take off a variety of residue. It will dry out the plastic though. Once I use it on body plastic, I follow up with armor all or similar. I have used it to clean scuffs off of graphics and plastics with no problems.

Just reread and saw the plastic was on the pipe. I wouldn't use thinner on the pipe. It will take the paint off of it. Mineral spirits will not take the paint off. I don't know if it will get the plastic off though.

I've bent brake pedals back into position on Jap bikes with no Issues. Doesn't work so well on KTM's, Beta's etc though. They're not as heavy duty.

Did it bend in or out? Brake Snake is a good way to make sure they don't bend out in a hurry. "Prevention is better than a cure".

You could try to heat the pipe/plastic up and see if you can get it off. If It's a stock pipe, just get it off, quick clean up with some wet and dry sand paper, then touch up the paint with some "Pot Belly Black" spray paint. I wouldn't even bother taking the pipe off to do it. VHT flat black engine enamel is the next best thing.

If It's an aftermarket nickel plated pipe just get it off using a heat gun or something and then use an SOS pad to clean the pipe up.

Edited by AddictedToBling

In a MX race last night, I got T-boned. The brake pedal is now bent. Can it be bent back or do I have to replace it?

Also, what is a good way to get grip rubber off the top of the back fender and white front fender plastic off the stock pipe?

Thank you.

Gasoline/alcohol if your not worrying about possible faded plastics for the adhesive. For exhaust I just took a scotch pad and removed my pant leg off my header. Might wanna look into a aftermarket brake pedal...I like my sunline rear brake pedal.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=361207358089&globalID=EBAY-US

Edited by Dirt_Bound

Those magic erasers work wonders on stuff. Never tried it on my bike, but I am sure it would work at least on your plastics and maybe even the pipe.