Goleta area

California

Last week I was working in goleta. It's a beautiful place. Got some nice looking mountains to the east of it, anyone do any trail riding in that area?

Not much legal up there.  Divide Peak and Upper Oso are the only spots.

The mountains are to the north there btw.  Ocean is to the south.

Goleta up through the central coast is about the nicest area in the country.

Depends on which way you're facing :D

Yeah Upper Oso, West Camino Cielo and Divide Peak each one can be written in about an hour or two. They're kind of small areas. Mostly fire roads.Now if we could ride all the hiking and mountain biking trails that crisscross those mountains well that would be a different story

There's riding to the north if you go to jackpot ranch

Edited by rbernardi

Last week I was working in goleta. It's a beautiful place. Got some nice looking mountains to the east of it, anyone do any trail riding in that area?

Why didn't you stop off in Ojai and ride Ortega?

It's not trails, but go try zaca station. Honestly, the most beautiful and fun place ive ever ridden.

It's super nice terrain. Every rider should ride Divide Peak just for the view once. Who cares it's just a fire road. It's really cool looking down on the ocean all the way out to the islands. 

Now if we could ride all the hiking and mountain biking trails that crisscross those mountains well that would be a different story

Ya what kind of arsehole would try such a thing. Not me, I am a law abiding citizen and scared of getting in trouble.. #notguilty

Edited by Southern_IErr

Ya what kind of arsehole would try such a thing. Not me, I am a law abiding citizen and scared of getting in trouble.. #notguilty

hehehe

Better to ride a plated bike up to Divide. Pack a lunch and some drinks and head over the Mt. to the hot springs.  It makes a great day and adventure.  The view from the Mt. top is outstanding!  And of course the curves are nice to ride but be careful for oncoming traffic distracted by the view.  I go up there a few times a year.  Im over riding all the dirt places up there. They are not so great however, Zaca is a beautiful track!  They do a lot of filming there when it is green.

Here are a few pics from my last time up Divide Peak and the hot springs.

IMG_9609.jpg

1424289_10205221749173415_13033725353070

1455913_10205221900977210_728427602468791622813_10205221902697253_67453090546899

CHEERS!

Edited by Sun

Better to ride a plated bike up to Divide. Pack a lunch and some drinks and head over the Mt. to the hot springs.  It makes a great day and adventure.  The view from the Mt. top is outstanding!  And of course the curves are nice to ride but be careful for oncoming traffic distracted by the view.  I go up there a few times a year.  Im over riding all the dirt places up there. They are not so great however, Zaca is a beautiful track!  They do a lot of filming there when it is green.

This is still on my list of localish rides to check out. Same with Fig Mountain.

This is still on my list of localish rides to check out. Same with Fig Mountain.

Saturday afternoon/ night ride??? Foxen Canyon is one of my favorite backroads, most of Figueroa is paved now, but we can bomb down the Catway ohv trail and take Happy Canyon out. Mostly pavement, but a fun/scenic ride just the same.

Saturday afternoon/ night ride??? Foxen Canyon is one of my favorite backroads, most of Figueroa is paved now, but we can bomb down the Catway ohv trail and take Happy Canyon out. Mostly pavement, but a fun/scenic ride just the same.

Can't do this Saturday but the following Saturday I think works.

Better to ride a plated bike up to Divide. Pack a lunch and some drinks and head over the Mt. to the hot springs. It makes a great day and adventure. The view from the Mt. top is outstanding! And of course the curves are nice to ride but be careful for oncoming traffic distracted by the view. I go up there a few times a year. Im over riding all the dirt places up there. They are not so great however, Zaca is a beautiful track! They do a lot of filming there when it is green.

Here are a few pics from my last time up Divide Peak and the hot springs.

IMG_9609.jpg

1424289_10205221749173415_13033725353070

1455913_10205221900977210_728427602468791622813_10205221902697253_67453090546899

CHEERS!

Are you in for the Bradshaw trail in mid Oct ?

Are you in for the Bradshaw trail in mid Oct ?

Oh how Id love to but, I just don't think my leg will be ready for any long rides by then.  Im riding street for short periods and when I stand on the pegs, I just don't have much strength.  I also don't have full range of motion in my ankle yet.  In fact, it feels far from ready for any type of dirt riding I like to do.  Hard to say how long till Im good to go on the dirt. Still working on walking without a cane or hobble.  Im thinking early Spring for me on Bradshaw.  If you get a Spring time Bradshaw ride together, keep me in the loop.  Hopefully I'll be back on the dirt bike by the new year.

Thanks for the heads up Dirt Bound :cheers:

Oh how Id love to but, I just don't think my leg will be ready for any long rides by then. Im riding street for short periods and when I stand on the pegs, I just don't have much strength. I also don't have full range of motion in my ankle yet. In fact, it feels far from ready for any type of dirt riding I like to do. Hard to say how long till Im good to go on the dirt. Still working on walking without a cane or hobble. Im thinking early Spring for me on Bradshaw. If you get a Spring time Bradshaw ride together, keep me in the loop. Hopefully I'll be back on the dirt bike by the new year.

Thanks for the heads up Dirt Bound :cheers:

Sounds good, and hope you have a successful recovery. :)

IN

Can't do this Saturday but the following Saturday I think works.

So what's the plan? Did you want to meet up and dualsport on some nice twisty backroads to get there or truck the bikes closer? I get home from work around 6:30pm, but I work in Santa Ynez and could be there/ready to ride at 6:00 if I just take my bike/ gear with me. Maybe go up Refugio and follow the ridge across W. Camino Cielo and then take 154 to Happy Canyon all the way to Davy Brown camp and up Catway OHV then down Figueroa? Starting this late would have most of the ride in the dark... or we could make it a Sunday ride?

What do you have in mind Emilio, I know you're closer to Figueroa than Brendan or myself.

So what's the plan? Did you want to meet up and dualsport on some nice twisty backroads to get there or truck the bikes closer? I get home from work around 6:30pm, but I work in Santa Ynez and could be there/ready to ride at 6:00 if I just take my bike/ gear with me. Maybe go up Refugio and follow the ridge across W. Camino Cielo and then take 154 to Happy Canyon all the way to Davy Brown camp and up Catway OHV then down Figueroa? Starting this late would have most of the ride in the dark... or we could make it a Sunday ride?

What do you have in mind Emilio, I know you're closer to Figueroa than Brendan or myself.

:facepalm: Haden't heard anything so I made plans already this weekend.  :doh: