Sign in to follow this  

Bent Rear Rotor

I found out that my KX250F has a slight bend in the rear break rotor.  I don't think it's warped because it's in just one small section.  Is there a way to fix it or am I going to have to replace the rotor?

I found out that my KX250F has a slight bend in the rear break rotor.  I don't think it's warped because it's in just one small section.  Is there a way to fix it or am I going to have to replace the rotor?

Yes.....Grab your favorite cresent wrench . Bigger the better. Close the jaws down to the thickness of the rotor. Then whereever you think its bent.Bend it the oppsite way a little at a time. either tape something on your swingarm to check the trueness as you go around or just look at the brake pads as you rotate the wheel. Just keep going around till you get most of it strait

Yes.....Grab your favorite cresent wrench . Bigger the better. Close the jaws down to the thickness of the rotor. Then whereever you think its bent.Bend it the oppsite way a little at a time. either tape something on your swingarm to check the trueness as you go around or just look at the brake pads as you rotate the wheel. Just keep going around till you get most of it strait

Thanks, I will try this very soon, should save me a good chunk of money