Sign in to follow this  

2008 rmz250

The other day I picked up a 2008 rmz 250 at a very good price in my opinion (1750 Aud) it's completely standard and it has supposedly had a rebuild within the last 20 hours, which seems pretty honest considering it starts and runs really well as soon as I got it I did a service and have put about 2 hrs on it with no problems. Has anyone got one of these? Is there any common problems with them? How many hours should I be getting before rebuilding considering I don't race and only ride trails with regular maintenance? What mods should I be looking into for riding woods/trails? ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1439206352.034162.jpg

I don't know if this will happen and I'm not trying to say that this bike is bad but at my local Suzuki dealer they said that at 08 the rmz 250's had a recall for blowing up trannys and they will replace the motor if your in time. But I wouldn't we worried about it if you feather the clutch while shifting and running a heavier oil. Good luck

Thanks for the replies, I'm running Motul 7100 10w 40 would you recommend this oil this is my first 250 4 stroke and the previous owner ran this in it no worries at all

Thanks for the replies, I'm running Motul 7100 10w 40 would you recommend this oil this is my first 250 4 stroke and the previous owner ran this in it no worries at all