HAS ANYONE GOT TO SEE ONE OF THESE OR RIDE IT YET, HOW IS IT.

Why ya yelling  :lol: .

They aren't really anything new, people have been building their own for Yrs. Think hard edged XC race bike. They aren't Intended as a trail bike

Edited by AddictedToBling
  • Like 2

Man I ordered a regular Yz 250 in June I keep getting the run around till last month they told me some time in August.

• Like 1

None in US yet.  I get weekly updates from my dealer who I ordered it through. 

Why ya yelling  :lol: .

They aren't really anything new, people have been building their own for Yrs. Think hard edged XC race bike. They aren't Intended as a trail bike

And I will be using this as a trail bike among other things, should be just fine for that type of use.  I am adding a heavier fly wheel to it before I take delivery.  Should be good in the twisties!  Excited to lose 50lbs from my WR450F, that I still adore.  

• Like 1

And I will be using this as a trail bike among other things, should be just fine for that type of use.  I am adding a heavier fly wheel to it before I take delivery.  Should be good in the twisties!  Excited to lose 50lbs from my WR450F, that I still adore.  

That's fine, just saying, that Isn't what they're Intended for  ;) . I prefer an MX style bike in the woods myself  :thumbsup: .

They come with a flywheel weight.

That's fine, just saying, that Isn't what they're Intended for  ;) . I prefer an MX style bike in the woods myself  :thumbsup: .

They come with a flywheel weight.

You think the 250X has a heavier Fly Wheel Weight?  Most articles say not.  But let me know if you see otherwise, as I may change my mods in that case.  I think its the same Fly Wheel from the regular 250.  

http://www.dirtrider.com/first-look-2016-yamaha-motocross-road-models

"While this new machine doesn’t feature handguards, a bigger tank, a heavier flywheel, or direct-injection, it is a strong and positive sign that the Japanese manufacturers are now investing more in the future of off-road-specific two-strokes."

• Like 2

You think the 250X has a heavier Fly Wheel Weight?  Most articles say not.  But let me know if you see otherwise, as I may change my mods in that case.  I think its the same Fly Wheel from the regular 250.  

http://www.dirtrider.com/first-look-2016-yamaha-motocross-road-models

"While this new machine doesn’t feature handguards, a bigger tank, a heavier flywheel, or direct-injection, it is a strong and positive sign that the Japanese manufacturers are now investing more in the future of off-road-specific two-strokes."

A mate that's buying one told me they had a heavier flywheel weight. Guess he was wrong. Sorry about that   ;) .

Whaaaaaaaaaaat?????? Thats awesome. I will be bothering my dealer daily now!! I assume you being on the coast helps out with delivery time as well. Take pics and let us know your thoughts. Congrats!

Awesome , need a ride report asap and a video .

Ja and GYTR to figure out the e-start before the 4th of December! :-)

The mods list is as follows:

Springs for my weight and ability

Enduro Engineering skid plate

Gytr hand guards

IMS clear over sized tank

No toil air filter

Jd jetting kit

FMF Gnarly pipe

Gytr/FMF turbine core muffler

Ok, stupid question on mods.  I am doing very similar improvements to mine.  When looking at fuel tanks and jetting kits etc, are 2015 YZ250 spec items what I am looking for if '16 250X parts are not specified?  I assume they will work but want to check what you looked for.

Edited by Andrew Puetz

I'd be interested as to what they are like before all the mods. Yes, I know that statistically speaking, it's probably jetted too rich off the bottom. But with my engineering/analytical mind, I always want to start with a base level and go from there. Throwing on parts before you even ride it doesn't make sense to me. Everyone is assuming it's a YZ250 with a WR gearbox, but is it?

• Like 1

I'm going to be running eline skidplate, fmf q stealth sparky (stock pipe), scotts over the bar dampner, and some bark busters. I'll also be replacing the springs with racetech's for myself.

20150815_113754.jpg