Is This Semi-synthetic LUCAS oil good/safe to run in my 2005 KX250

I just got my first 2 stroke and im just wondering if this oil is any good to run in my bike? I dont race but ride fairly hard in trails and on logging roads.

Not sure if this oil is for dirt bikes.

I will be mixing 32:1 Gas to oil Ratio

The bike came with Ipone oil which is a little more expensive and harder to find.

PICs attached

2005 KX250 

Any advice or info would be appreciated. Thanks

photo 1 (2).JPG

photo 2 (1).JPG

It's fine. I've used it in my bikes, works good as any.. :thumbsup:  

Yup I use it all the time, piston last as long as I'd expect and it's always clean.

32:1 seems awfully rich for a 250. I ran my 2007 kx250 at 44:1 or even 50:1, and it held up very well for me.

the lucas is very good oil imho.

Another &%$#@!ing oil thread. &%$#@!ing eh!!

Thanks for the input

Thats not rotella... :smirk:

We switched over to it also....seems good so far, no complaints excpt for its inexpensive in comparison and can be picked up at nearly every store!! Lol

Edited by argclh6670

I just got my first 2 stroke and im just wondering if this oil is any good to run in my bike? I dont race but ride fairly hard in trails and on logging roads.

Not sure if this oil is for dirt bikes.

I will be mixing 32:1 Gas to oil Ratio

The bike came with Ipone oil which is a little more expensive and harder to find.

PICs attached

2005 KX250 

Any advice or info would be appreciated. Thanks

This is what about 120 miles of street/dualsport/trails on one plug looks like:

20150807_180020-1.jpg

Edited by ohgood

Seems like it works well for people, i will be using it.

no complaints excpt for its inexpensive in comparison and can be picked up at nearly every store!! Lol

Wow, that would suck. 

but it says right on the bottle.....do not use near heat or source of igniton :banana:

1439360485586.jpg

but it says right on the bottle.....do not use near heat or source of igniton :banana:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hmm. that's a tough one. i usually mix at the pump nowadays since my awesome kdsex is street legal, so i'm breaking the rules while i'm not breaking the rules. 

or something. 

i still like the lucas stuff :D