Drz400sm exhaust headers

Any reason your just looking for a header? A full system would be much better. Not sure there is much to gain just swapping the header. Either or, I have no experience with no name exhaust components, but I would probably advise against them. I can only imagine that quality of materials will be low, and fit and finish probably won't be the best.

• Like 1

Well I plan on getting a full system but while I was looking around I came across this and I figured if these were any good I could get this and then a good muffler, maybe I'm wrong but that's why I'm on here asking lol. I know the fmf power bomb headers are about $200 plus at least another $200 for a decent muffler.

Haha that's kind of what I was thinking, thanks for the input. It looks like I'll just have to be patient and order the mrd.

That's the way to go if you want a performance gain.  The MRD is bigger diameter everywhere to get the best exhaust flow.  The header pictured would be the same as changing out your stock header, that is, money spent with no performance gain. 

I've seen that, but it seems like something always brings me back to the MRD. I just need to commit and order one lol.

You'll be happier with the MRD in the end, especially if you do more mods. I've heard build quality is amazing and they sure do look good in the pictures i've seen. Performance wise you can't beat it for the DRZ. Unless you're a lucky SOB like me and win an auction for a Yoshi Ti full system on eBay for $294 shipped. Waiting for a deal like that would probably take a long time. Longer than the wait for the MRD or the Chinese header as it crosses the pacific on a canoe. Like you said, hand made by an American. I try and support businesses like that. Had I not gotten the Yoshi the MRD was the exhaust I was getting.

• Like 1

Yea I don't think I would pass up a deal like either, the guy at MRD would of probably bought it too lol. From everything I've read and seen I think the MRD is the way to go, and I do probably too much research before I spend my money on anything lol

• Like 1