Looks like Dungey could clinch after the first moto next week...

Motocross

...if I calculated correctly.  Great for him, sucks for us. 

The 250's is tight!  That one will be fun to watch go down to the wire.  I don't know what it is about Martin this year.  Last year he sliced through the pack like a knife through butter if he got a bad start (which he didn't do as often as this year), but this year it seems like he taking a lot longer to move towards the front.

With only 2 points separating Martin and Musquin, they better both hope for good starts in the last four motos.   It should be great racing for us fans.

Dungey clinched when they published the schedule...  :lol:

Impossible!  He's such a pathetic excuse for a rider, there is no way he could win a title.

I'm a huge Martin fan so it pains me to see thst bad starts will determine the title. 

I'm a huge Martin fan so it pains me to see thst bad starts will determine the title. 

Starting is part of racing. Have to be able to do it to win. 

Marv's fans could same the same thing about his wrist injury, but injuries are all part of it. 

Starting is part of racing. Have to be able to do it to win. 

Marv's fans could same the same thing about his wrist injury, but injuries are all part of it. 

I agree, but I want them to start together and may the fastest win. 

Not bad for a guy who "can't even win practice".

Who cares if JMart can't get his starts figured out.  That's his problem.  The real problem that will suck is if Webb decides the title himself by taking Musquin out while whining about "cross jumping".  Hopefully Webb's ego as well as his body is beat up enough from looping out on that step up on the second to last lap at Unadilla so that he won't be an issue for the title fight.

Seriously, I'd be pissed if Webb took out Marvin intentionally. Call it soft or whatever but Webb doesn't have a reason to be angry, I didn't see any cross jumping.  Musquin VS Martin, part of me wants to see Musquin win because I'm a fan and I feel like it's been a long time coming, and then part of me wants Martin to win because it will be cool to see a new multi time 250 mx champ...it's been since RV that it's happened.  Whoever wins, they both are damn great riders

With a 79 point lead. 

(re-posting)

If

Dungey gets first or second in Moto1, the title is a lock.

else

Dungey beats Barcia by 3 points in Moto1 (e.g. 10th vs 13th), the title is a lock.

My guess is Dungey will follow Barcia and see if Barcia falls.  Remember, cruise mode for Dungey is around 4th.

If Barcia kicks it into "Tomac mode" and pulls way out front, Dungey will lose the battle, win the war.

Moto2 could be payback and win the overall.  With the title in hand Dungey would let it all out in a speed smack down or be thinking of a Disney vacation.

250 class is like dropping 2 pittbulls and a bobcat into box.

Edited by Kev_XR

I thought Webb was well behaved at Unadila.   He could have stuck a wheel into MM a few times.

The AMA would have gone nuts.  (You can start the SX season in round 3)

The fans who don't bleed blue would go nuts.

DeCoster would never hire him.   Scratch KTM (and Husky too.)

Sudden engine trouble while leading Jmart, or placing himself between JMart and MM, is acceptable.

let-brock-bye_220.jpg

Edited by Kev_XR

Jmart had some tough times last year too however Marvin has stepped up big time this year...I wonder if all the Yam's are going to lineup in formation for gate drop to help make sure the start isn't an issue...

Dungey clinched when Tomac crashed...  :lol:

Fixed it for ya!!

Listing to all the heaters he clinched it at Hangtown. His whole plan was to wait until the fast guys crashed out.

One reason I want to do away with the 40 across starting gate.  Or run a fence to the first turn, so the top 20 don't get taken out by mid packers.  There needs to be a way to give the top 20 a head start on the bottom 20 to avoid the 40 rider first turn crash.   "But that isn't traditional motocross!"  Neither are triple jumps or 100 foot jumps.  Adapt or die.

Listing to all the heaters he clinched it at Hangtown. His whole plan was to wait until the fast guys crashed out.

Every rider has good days and bad days.  I think his plan is to not push it on the bad days, which puts him in around 3-4th on a really bad day.   Tomac was running the table, his line selection and speed were a break through.   But Tomac did a Stewart and didn't let up with a huge lead.  

I remember watching Hannah at the old Hangtown track.  He had such a huge lead, he rolled his bike through the creek to avoid crashing in the water.  He used his lead to to tip toe through a potential crash zone.  (too bad the silencer came loose and closed off his pipe, thus killing his chances.)

Edited by Kev_XR

One reason I want to do away with the 40 across starting gate.  Or run a fence to the first turn, so the top 20 don't get taken out by mid packers.  There needs to be a way to give the top 20 a head start on the bottom 20 to avoid the 40 rider first turn crash.   "But that isn't traditional motocross!"  Neither are triple jumps or 100 foot jumps.  Adapt or die.

I agree with changing the start for sure, it would certainly make for better racing through out the moto's...