2002 Honda CRF450R broken case

Hi, my motor locked up and broke the left side case. It looks like the rod broke. Has anyone seen a case brake like this before? It broke at the lower motor mount below the radiator. And also what years of motor's can I put in my bike I've been told years 02-08 will work but I am not for sure. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, my motor locked up and broke the left side case. It looks like the rod broke. Has anyone seen a case brake like this before? It broke at the lower motor mount below the radiator. And also what years of motor's can I put in my bike I've been told years 02-08 will work but I am not for sure. Any help would be appreciated.

'02-'08 will fit but you may need to change some things to make them work right. For example, to use the '08's 3-map set up, you need to change things like the wiring harness, maybe CDI, etc.

Ok what about ends what years will bolt in?

Ok what about ends what years will bolt in?

Have you pulled the engine and seen if it's maybe cheaper to fix it?

JB WELD  :worthy:

No, the 02-04 cases are not the same as the 05-08. Ironically it is the motor mounts that are different. The 05-08 mounts are wider and will not fit into the 02 chassis.

Ok that's what I thought. There is no way to save the case. I will post pictures later. I am planning on rebuild the whole motor. I am going to buy a 06 or newer head. I haven't decide if I will use a stock crank or aftermarket yet.

No, the 02-04 cases are not the same as the 05-08. Ironically it is the motor mounts that are different. The 05-08 mounts are wider and will not fit into the 02 chassis.

Ah, good to know. Makes sense now. I know my '03's front mount is made up of two plates where the '08 I had had the mount as part of the frame.

I have an '04 complete bottom end that I need to get rid of FYI.  One of the intake valves was zero'd out, ended up parting the bike out.  Crank seemed fine.