premix in crf450

hi,,,i've been stupid enough to top up my 2013 crf tank with premix for my cr500

the bike stopped a couple corners later and didnt start again,,,i realised what i done and drained out the tank completely and refilled with fresh fuel

the bike still wont start

what do i need to do to get my bike running again?

thanks

I agree with the above. Premix won't hurt anything other than a possible fouled plug.

Could run slightly lean because you have the same amount of fluid passing through the injector but there is oil mixed with the fuel. So in reality you have less fuel.

With premix more oil means oil rich, but leaner fuel mixture with same jetting/fuel mapping.

Lots of snowmobilers do oil injection delete then run premix. Wont hurt the injector(s) at all.

its 3.45am and i've woke up thinking if i've actually filled my fuel containers with diesel,,i've checked my fuel receipts and i have

so its not premix , but diesel

does this mean i can get away with new fuel filter and sparkplug??,,or have the injectors or fuelpump been compromised?

anything else i'm not thinking about?

on another note,,my cr 250 running maxima 927 castor oil in the diesel just doesn't run,,,,,but my cr500 loves it and runs great on synthetic mixed with the diesel

i can't believe i've been so stupid,,,i hope the bikes get back to normal after being cleaned out

its 3.45am and i've woke up thinking if i've actually filled my fuel containers with diesel,,i've checked my fuel receipts and i have

so its not premix , but diesel

does this mean i can get away with new fuel filter and sparkplug??,,or have the injectors or fuelpump been compromised?

anything else i'm not thinking about?

on another note,,my cr 250 running maxima 927 castor oil in the diesel just doesn't run,,,,,but my cr500 loves it and runs great on synthetic mixed with the diesel

i can't believe i've been so stupid,,,i hope the bikes get back to normal after being cleaned out

Now diesel makes sense, someone can correct if I'm wrong but you have to replace most of your fuel system. It can really make a mess of things since you ran it until it stopped running. Sorry to read this but I think you really messed up using diesel. 

Just drain everything put fresh plug in a run it

It basically ran till the diesel made it through the line

On another note the only thing premix would have affected is your exhaust packing, even @ 32:1 there just wouldn't be enough difference afr to be noticed. But it would smell good!

it ran for about 2 corners of the first lap and just died,,like the fuel had been turned off,,so i dont think its done any damage really

i'm thinking the fresh fuel should wash away the diesel residue once it starts,,,,someone else said to spray injector cleaner through it??,would the injectors be clogged with diesel or will they clean themselves once the petrol gets through?

i appreciate the comments and help

it ran for about 2 corners of the first lap and just died,,like the fuel had been turned off,,so i dont think its done any damage really

i'm thinking the fresh fuel should wash away the diesel residue once it starts,,,,someone else said to spray injector cleaner through it??,would the injectors be clogged with diesel or will they clean themselves once the petrol gets through?

i appreciate the comments and help

I really don't think it will clog anything to bad but I have seen real dirty D-fuel that clogged injectors. What I was concerned about would be fuel lines, I was under the impression that it will ruin regular fuel lines. 

Now diesel makes sense, someone can correct if I'm wrong but you have to replace most of your fuel system. It can really make a mess of things since you ran it until it stopped running. Sorry to read this but I think you really messed up using diesel.

Diesel won,t hurt a petrol motor just flush and refill with petrol. It will blow black smoke until all the diesel is gone

Petrol in a Diesel motor means the fuel system needs to be replaced if you ran it until the motor stopped and that is big $$$$$$$

not trying to be a smartass just talking from experience with putting petrol in a diesel

Edited by UHF2

Yeah diesel in a gas not so bad, gas in a diesel.....scrap it. As for your bike unless you take it completely apart it will take a few revolutions to all that diesel thru there. I would take the plug out and kick your guts out for a while before you put a new plug back in

thanks for all the comments

i'm just back from the honda dealer with a new fuel filter kit and a new spark plug  (have you seen the price of these???)

the mechanic wasn't overly concerned,and that as long as these items are replaced it should be fine,,,if it doesn't fire up the only other thing to do would be cleaning the injectors

i'll let you guys know what happens when i get them fitted

thanks again eh

Diesel won,t hurt a petrol motor just flush and refill with petrol. It will blow black smoke until all the diesel is gone

Petrol in a Diesel motor means the fuel system needs to be replaced if you ran it until the motor stopped and that is big $$$$$$$

not trying to be a smartass just talking from experience with putting petrol in a diesel

Gotcha. I had it backwards. Good for the OP as his bike will be ok.