looking for handlebar ideas

well......... the time came. i laid over my drz...

me and the drz took a pretty big spill last weekend up in del puerto canyon out here in ca. well i figured while iam trying to heal up il take the time to go ahead and rebuild the bike.. iam looking for handlebar ideas

go ahead and toss up some pics and show off what ya got.. 

pro taper atv mid's, about as far as the stock cable routing would go

drz_zpsna1adptk.jpg

No pic but I have Pro Taper ATV high using the stock cables.

Will get the mids next. The highs are a bit too high I think.

The mids are the same as the KX highs according to the spec sheet. FYI

rm14

I have Pro Taper contour CR highs with the 7/8-1 1/8 adapter & they fit fine with the stock cables.

The mids are not the same as kx-hi! If you google "pro taper bar specs" it will show you a chart of every bar! I have kx-hi with 2" rox risers

is there a benefit to 1 1/8 bars vrs the 7/8 ?

The mids are not the same as kx-hi! If you google "pro taper bar specs" it will show you a chart of every bar! I have kx-hi with 2" rox risers

I am looking at the spec sheet on the Pro Taper Contour web site.

The ATV mids are 13mm wider than the KX high. Other than that they show the same spec. I guess you're right.

http://www.protaper.com/products/handlebars/contour

Am I missing something?

RM14

My oh-sh*t handles. ProTaper CR mid I think they are.

DSC06414.JPG

DSC06420.JPG

Edited by epicadventur

These bad boys are pretty sweet 9FAB7DA0-FE4F-4B77-966F-04E1A3A78486.jpg

Lol nah your not missing anything other than being wider! The 13mm differences does show! I've had both! Kx-hi definitely are better for me! Thats all i was saying that they are not the same

Renthal Desert/Vintage bars.  They sit up nice, no risers needed.

Just saying the 13mm definitely makes for a different feel especially as for wider fellas! I have had both, that's how i knew they weren't the same! Other than that, no your not missing anything

ohhh ok got ya.. iam a little dude 5-10  135 lbs lol dont need anything bigger..lol hell i didnt even know they made 1 1/8 bars lol

These bad boys are pretty sweet 9FAB7DA0-FE4F-4B77-966F-04E1A3A78486.jpg

bwahaha thats &%$#@!in funny

These bad boys are pretty sweet

love the disclaimer at the bottom!

lol right. those pipes would be bad ass on a flat tracker though lol

Flexxbars mate. I have had these on my 510 then onto my 300 now currently sit on the drz. I can tell you there have been some stacks in those 15000 kms. Even enough to bend my rear subframe so the battery hit the wheel on stroke. Flexxbars never have been rebuilt or even bent. They are expensive but God damn they are bloody strong

When I ordered I tried to get the same bends as factory husqvarna Magura bars. With risers I had to relocate the ignition barrel, tinker with clutch cables and invert the throttle cables. Works well and no dramas thus far.

image.jpg

image.jpg

oooo i like that.. inverting the throttle cables gives a much cleaner look