Sign in to follow this  

Having a little fun tard'n it up

That ghetto looking pimp daddy mobile was really a cop???!

I come from both motocross and street bike background. I feel on an SM you can come in way faster and in much more control (especially in panic situations) not dragging knee. But that's just me.

Nice vid!

That ghetto looking pimp daddy mobile was really a cop???!

I come from both motocross and street bike background. I feel on an SM you can come in way faster and in much more control (especially in panic situations) not dragging knee. But that's just me.

Nice vid!

Yep, it's actually a cop. That's Birmingham for you.

As far as knee down vs foot out, it's a debate that will probably never be totally put to bed. I take the same stance as socal supermoto school: knee down is faster on long sweepers because your allowing the bike to stay more upright relative to the speed, giving you more room for velocity until you run out of tire. The foot out approach is faster in short turns that change quickly because there is less body movement required to move the mass of the bike around the center of gravity. It's physics.

I do wish that I had more dirt experience (I have none). I have 15 years of superbike on a track which helps a lot with entry/exit prep, line selection and breaking but I'm still learning how to get up on the front of the seat and put my foot out in the flicky stuff.

Edited by mbquimby
  • Like 1