2014 yz250 f air box mod

I had theses plastic tops made to go on the upper cover of the air cleaner they give more plenum above the filter and w drwith added holes in the front more air with out increasing sould the top of the stock plastic is cut out to match the new lid on a 250 it added a bout .5 hp peak and over 1 hp in the over rev where hesrtsfalling off they look pretty good and give the bike some character  and for $69 they make more of a diference than an after market exhaust .

DSCN0296.JPG

DSCN0297.JPG

Do ya reckon the 450 boot mod will give you similar gains

Im just getting going on theses yamahas and have not done a lot of testing im sure theres gains in the boot mod or the teams would not be changing them I foun huge gins on the Honda 250s using mototasanari boots and modifying the velocity stacks

Im just getting going on theses yamahas and have not done a lot of testing im sure theres gains in the boot mod or the teams would not be changing them I foun huge gins on the Honda 250s using mototasanari boots and modifying the velocity stacks

Let us know your results. 

Interested as well.

Has anyone cut down the short velocity stack in the 14,15 air box for a more open area draw of air?

What were the results?

What is this 450 boot mod also?

Edited by yz250f 78