What did you do to your crf250r today?

Today I put on a fmf mega bomb and factory 4.1 exhaust, R & D power bowl with adjustable leak jet, twin air filter with back fire screen removed I put in 5 air vents in my air box. The picture is my header red hot. I also flushed my coolant system and put in engine ice coolant. I installed a heavier flywheel too.

1439251939698.jpg

I took my frame, cases, and case covers to the car wash to degrease and pressure wash them.

Rode it :blink:

rpxtreme03 is the winner!

Rode it :blink:

Yes I did get the chance to ride it and the power increase was a noticeable difference.

The fmf exhaust really woke the bike up and I noticed an improvement in power throughout the rpms. A good amount of over Rev power was added with exhaust, And the bike did not get any louder than the stock pipe.

The fly wheel I was very happy with and I can now ride the bike up my street with out touching the gas and I feel like it gives my bike a lot more traction than before really smoothed everything out.

The throttle response on it was improved a noticeable amount with the R&D power bowl.

I think my next upgrade will be a hot cams stage 2. But that won't be for a little bit as I want to be able to utilize all the power this bike has to offer.

Any suggestions on where I should send my suspension to get revalved I'll probably be doing this soon.

Overall I really love the upgrades and really makes this bike come alive. My bike is a 2005

Also I did notice my bike could run a good amount longer sitting at idle without boiling over with the engine ice coolant

Y would u try and boil it over. If it's boiling it's too hot

Also I wasn't asking if u rode it.. I was responding to ur question of what did u do to ur bike today..

But yes as for power gains make a motor breathe..especially mod motors. The real hp is in the head though.

Throw a cam at it next time u wanna lighten ur wallet..and I don't mean a st2 hot cam either..a real one..something that makes ponies not just moves them around.

Also I wasn't asking if u rode it.. I was responding to ur question of what did u do to ur bike today..

But yes as for power gains make a motor breathe..especially mod motors. The real hp is in the head though.

Throw a cam at it next time u wanna lighten ur wallet..and I don't mean a st2 hot cam either..a real one..something that makes ponies not just moves them around.

My bad I misunderstood that. And do you know anywhere I can send my head to get work done, like porting.

Y would u try and boil it over. If it's boiling it's too hot

My bike would over heat sitting at idle for a short period of time. Say I was adjusting my carb I'm not the best at it and it would take me a few minutes to do it, it would boil over in a few minutes if I didn't drive it a little bit to cool it down. Now with the engine ice coolant I have a few extra minutes to sit at idle without it boiling over.

Ron Hamps ur man have him do a cam and port at the same time. If done properly they really compliment one another.

Smart performance does awesome work for offroad valving

Ron Hamps ur man have him do a cam and port at the same time. If done properly they really compliment one another.

Smart performance does awesome work for offroad valving

Ok thank you. I've heard many good things about him. Just wanted to make sure that he is the guy I should go to.

×2 for ron hamp

Today I got this out of the mailbox.

DSC_2941_zpsb5c1b5a8.jpg

Today I got this out of the mailbox.

DSC_2941_zpsb5c1b5a8.jpg

Is that the stock triple clamp?

Yes sir. I damaged the stem on mine trying to get it out of my frame. It was neglected by the previous owner and seized to the bearings. I picked this up used and cheap off of eBay to replace it.

Sent my 2015 head off to be ported and polished!

Changed oil in the engine/tranny in my 250r and my wife's 150rb. New hand guards on mine and new chain/sprockets on hers. Added a skid plate to mine. Then loaded them up for #SundayFunday

Sent my 2015 head off to be ported and polished!

Ill be getting mine done at the end of the month.who is doing your porting?

Here's what I did not do: checked my bike for loose bolts. One was loose and it was important. Spent half the day watching everyone else ride. Check your bike!! Especially if you've worked on it recently.