2015 250FX Oil Change

Question for you guys. Just did the first oil change on my 250FX over the weekend. While the manual says that the amount of oil required for a change with a filter change is .90 quarts....the bike took about a quart and a half to get to the full line. That sound in line with what anyone else is getting?

90 quarts? That's a whole lotta oil. My 15 250f (not fx) only takes 24.65 with a filter change.

.90 quarts. .10 less than a whole quart. I took well over a quart....about a quart and a half.

I fill with the manuals stated amount and just use the sight glass to verify the oil is still in their between changes.

See....that's the thing, with the .90 (28-30oz's) that the manual calls for, I didn't have anything in the sight glass at all. I needed about 45oz's to get to the full line.

Thanks for the feedback fellas. Seems as though it varies a bit from less than a quart to a little over a quart. Maybe I'll crack the filter cover off to let a little out and re-check. Thanks again!

Question for you guys. Just did the first oil change on my 250FX over the weekend. While the manual says that the amount of oil required for a change with a filter change is .90 quarts....the bike took about a quart and a half to get to the full line. That sound in line with what anyone else is getting?

Sounds like way too much oil to me.

Mine takes 950cc for oil and filter change. Measured with a RatioRite since I buy oil in 5 quart jug at Walmart. Rotella T 10w40 synthetic.

I keep it at middle of the 2 lines on sight glass after idling for a few minutes and then let it sit for a few more.

I always tilt the bike to right to drain all the oil and soak the oil filter in oil before installing it.

Checked the screen after a not checking it for few oil changes and it was clean.

• Like 2

I read in another forum that a good way to take some out is a pump from like a hand soap bottle. I'm guessing I could find one not used at a dollar store or something. Wondering if that would work or am I just best off cracking the filter cover open a bit. Pulling the drain plug would prob just let far to much out to quickly.

I read in another forum that a good way to take some out is a pump from like a hand soap bottle. I'm guessing I could find one not used at a dollar store or something. Wondering if that would work or am I just best off cracking the filter cover open a bit. Pulling the drain plug would prob just let far to much out to quickly.

Is the oil level above the lines in the sight glass?

If so try the sprayer out of a windex or simple green type spray bottle. The skinny tube should fit down around the stator and it will pump it out fast.

I wouldn't run it with too much oil.

The crank breather on these bikes is routed to the intake it may get an excessive amount of oil blowing out of it and into the intake, not good for the valves.

Also I was told to never run more oil in a wet sump motor as it makes the crank splash into the oil, that can rob power and create problems for the pump if the oil is all agitated.

I just throw a quart in and call it good.

Yeah, When I threw a quart in it wasn't even on the sight glass....so I wasn't comfortable running the bike without seeing oil in the glass....regardless of what the manual says.

It's .90 ml and is slightly under a quart. That puts mine about midway between the lines. You have used too much oil

With oil filter replacement it's actually .90 US qt., that also puts mine about midway between the lines. I agree with 53Willys.