Wiseco piston - Namura or JE

Want put a new piston i my bike crf450r 2004 but i dont know what is the best brand that will last i hear so many thing about Wiseco piston they where not good what do you think ?  :prof:

Want put a new piston i my bike crf450r 2004 but i dont know what is the best brand that will last i hear so many thing about Wiseco piston they where not good what do you think ?  :prof:

I believe the Weisco had some larger clearences than the others.

I use J. E.

Why not Honda?  I have a Honda piston i my X, and a J&E in my XR.

The J&E and Wiseco are forged.

I've been using Wiseco pistons since the early 70s. Nothing better.

Something else to think about is what you want out of your piston.  A longer skirt and 2 compression rings will give you more reliability.  Higher compression will give you more power.   I have a Namura piston in my daughter's PW50.  The PW50 Namura is cast just like stock, cheap was what I was going for. 

I've read from an engine builder that CP pistons are shown to give a 1-2 hp increase over other brands.

Cp and mhale are the highest quality. Period.

If you order from cp also ask for lateral gas ports is like 12$ extra.....

And worth about 1hp

Im still thinking about buying a wiseco forge piston with standard compression  :devil:

This is a CRF450R.  Both of our CRF450Rs are running Wiseco pistions, an 07 and an 11, and the XR250R is running a big bore, high compression  277cc Wiseco.  Like I said, nothing better, near 50 years of production ought to say something.

OEM cant be beat for price/reliability. Wiseco pistons are fine.

Get a wiseco 13 to 1. Runs great on premium. I pulled my last one out at 60 hours and it still looked brand new.

Wiseco pistons yes...bottom end kits not so much.

Ok thanks everyone i will buy a wiseco  :thumbsup:

Wiseco makes a great piston, you can't go wrong with them. J&E also makes a great piston and I'm very impressed with their customer service, enough so that they are my first choice. I'm not familiar with CP, and didn't know Mahl was still making bike pistons but it's probably safe to assume they are both excellent. Wossner makes some good stuff too.

Wiseco makes a great piston, you can't go wrong with them. J&E also makes a great piston and I'm very impressed with their customer service, enough so that they are my first choice. I'm not familiar with CP, and didn't know Mahl was still making bike pistons but it's probably safe to assume they are both excellent. Wossner makes some good stuff too.

fyi weisco purchased J&E, the manufacturing facilities will remain separate.

CP is CP-Carrillo... maybe you've heard of carrillo.... only the most renown connecting rod mfg in the states or maybe even world

Edited by EnglertRacing

Cp and mhale are the highest quality. Period.

If you order from cp also ask for lateral gas ports is like 12$ extra.....

And worth about 1hp

My CP piston didn't last more than 40hrs. (Kind of disappointed) So based on that my mechanic will install a Wiseco piston to compare which one will last longer.

Btw Ill keep up with all my fluids and filter change, every other ride, spark every month and clean the air filter also every other ride.

Lets see, Im installing a timer this time to be more accurate on maintenance intervals....

I thought Namura pistons were cheap knocks offs??  the bottom of the bottom, the equivalent of a princess auto/harbor freight piston??  

fyi weisco purchased J&E, the manufacturing facilities will remain separate.

CP is CP-Carrillo... maybe you've heard of carrillo.... only the most renown connecting rod mfg in the states or maybe even world

but yet the thread right below this one (15 piston cracked) has TWO guys in there that have literally cracked their CP pistons in half. hmmm

but yet the thread right below this one (15 piston cracked) has TWO guys in there that have literally cracked their CP pistons in half. hmmm

looks like 1 cp, 1 vertex, and 1 stock

next will be a weisco, and a je, there is something else going on.

I thought Namura pistons were cheap knocks offs??  the bottom of the bottom, the equivalent of a princess auto/harbor freight piston??  

namura is a budget piston. Cast like oem, but have heard of casual trail riders having good luck out of them especially for the price. Ive heard of horror stories of them in 2 strokes but ive heard of several 2 stroke cast piston horror stories. Too many throttle jerkys that like revving their 2 stroke to the moon as soon as it hits, while the piston is still flopping around like a fish lol