[[Template core/global/plugins/realFaviconGenerator does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]] Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

650L header to oil line clearance

I (think) I have an XR's Only header and it is extremely close to my return line, about 1/8".

I want a stainless system, probably FMF, and was wondering if folks would be so kind as tell me how much clearance their various systems provide.

I'm stock on the engine and would rather have a better fit over bigger or prettier.

I wouldn't mind getting the old dual 600R headers they used fir a couple years and building a collector. I always thought they looked awesome.

1439290511889.jpg

I too was worried about the exhaust pipes heating up the oil tank and lines so I bought some high temp. insulation wrap and wrapped the pipes.

I also insulated the underneath of the Clark fuel tank, the petcock and fuel line to the carb.

IMG_1255.JPG

IMG_1256.JPG

• Like 1

I too was worried about the exhaust pipes heating up the oil tank and lines so I bought some high temp. insulation wrap and wrapped the pipes.

I also insulated the underneath of the Clark fuel tank, the petcock and fuel line to the carb.

good ideas. no sense mounting an oil cooler just to have the oil heated by headers too close. keep hot stuff hot and cool stuff cool. avoid vapor lock and hot exhaust improves scavenging.