WP SXS FORK LUGS

G'day guys, I was wondering if someone out there could help me. I have a set of 2008 WP SXS forks (part number 14187D1602) which I have spent a lot of time and money on and have gotten them working really well. I am just about to get a 2016 KTM 350SXF, which comes out with the 4CS fork but I'd still like to use my old forks. In 2015 KTM decided to reduce the size of the front axle and change the axle offset, in order to stay with the new specs I need to change the fork lugs on my SXS forks. My question is would the fork lugs from the 2016 4CS forks fit my twin chamber closed cartridge 08 SXS forks? And I can only assume they won't, Or would the 2015 European spec SXF fork lugs which is still a closed cartridge fork with the reduced axle size and offset fit? I'm kind of hoping the 2015 EURO spec WP fork lugs will fit, I'll just have to try and get a set. Thanks guys, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Instead of going through the trouble of changing fork lugs just buy a bigger axle and wheel spacers to match.

You would need cc lugs as they have the bottoming cone built in ,but like said just use the big axle

G'day guys, I was wondering if someone out there could help me. I have a set of 2008 WP SXS forks (part number 14187D1602) which I have spent a lot of time and money on and have gotten them working really well. I am just about to get a 2016 KTM 350SXF, which comes out with the 4CS fork but I'd still like to use my old forks. In 2015 KTM decided to reduce the size of the front axle and change the axle offset, in order to stay with the new specs I need to change the fork lugs on my SXS forks. My question is would the fork lugs from the 2016 4CS forks fit my twin chamber closed cartridge 08 SXS forks? And I can only assume they won't, Or would the 2015 European spec SXF fork lugs which is still a closed cartridge fork with the reduced axle size and offset fit? I'm kind of hoping the 2015 EURO spec WP fork lugs will fit, I'll just have to try and get a set. Thanks guys, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Probably your easiest option is to buy a set of 20mm offset billet triple clamps. Use your old bigger axle and buy a spacer kit to suit the big axle for the new front wheel. Leave the fork lugs as is.

Using 20mm offset triples will keep you inline with the "new effective offset" on the 16 model. The 16 models use 22mm offset triples, but have brought the axle back 2mm closer to the centre line of the forks with the new lugs. You will get the same effective offset as the 16 model by doing what i mentioned.

Triples can be had 2nd hand alot cheaper than a set of lugs (which you cant get anyway to suit the CC bladder fork you have in the new smaller lug offset) and changing a set of triples is alot easier than changing a set of lugs.

Thanks Yamaha227, I thought about just using the larger axle and spacer kit but it was that new axle offset of 2mm that concerned me. If I can effectively achieve the same specs as the 16 models by changing to a 20mm triple clamp that's the road I'll head down. Thanks heaps