Sign in to follow this  

Flat

I have a heavy duty msr tube thats supposably un pinchable and unpunctrable well i think it has a puncture becausr it goes flat

Nothing is fool proof.

Haha well i have no clue how it even got a flat and i just put it in last week not looking foward to taking the tire of the rim again

Or if there was possibly a little piece of something between the tire and tube when it was mounted, or even a little burr on the wheel or at the end of a spoke, it can easily flatten a tube.

I sure hope not ive went threw 3 tubes in about 2 months but theres nothing on the rim or spokes poiking through maybe the bead lock ripped

I ran Tubliss out in the desert - got a sidewall cut on a rock with over 20 miles to go in a race and still finished with a completely flat front. Handled like shit, but didn't destroy the wheel. Tubliss is awesome.

• Like 1

I've always struggled changing tires until I got a Baja No Pinch tool, and some real tire lube from Carquest Auto Parts. Having 4-5 tire irons helps to if you don't have the No Pinch.

I doubt you got a pinch flat on a HD tube. Probably a thorn or something like that.

And yeah, Tubliss is good for mx, though it does require more maintenance than a tube, just have to check air pressures more often - like before each ride - and make sure the inner high pressure tube stays at 100 psi (which it's good normally for at least a week before you lose a couple psi). Other than that you can run pretty much any pressure you want in the tire with no worries of de-beading the tire, getting a flat (unless you nail a really sharp rock like I did), or damaging the wheel. MXA gave the product five stars, for whatever that's worth. They are a pretty tough crowd sometimes.

Ever looked at NuTech Tubliss? Had that set up on my rear wheel for 1.5 years, 4 tire changes and not one flat riding 90% offroad.

I'm going to get these, do you put them front and rear? Is hill climbing and turning that much better with them?

I read up about them and like how there is 100lb tube that protects the rim and you can use 0-10lb in the tire thru the valve. 

Ive decided to just patch it for now it was just a tiny hole but i read the box and was a "ultra heavy duty tube" im not very good with checking air every ride to but i will look into it thanks for the info