Help with mods/changes to improve speed XR650L

Hey! I would appreciate any recommendations to improve speed in my XR650L. The only change I have done it is the header and pipe which are "Big Gun". 

How fast do you want to go?  I rode my XR650L through Central America all loaded up at 500 pounds.  I could cruise all day at 65 and 70 mph no problem.  I never had a lack of power or speed.  You got to remember these are not sport bikes.

DSC00202_zpspdhw5mef.jpg

How fast do you want to go?  I rode my XR650L through Central America all loaded up at 500 pounds.  I could cruise all day at 65 and 70 mph no problem.  I never had a lack of power or speed.  You got to remember these are not sport bikes.

DSC00202_zpspdhw5mef.jpg

I know, I used to have a suzuki 1000 gsxr but decided to buy this one. I just want a significant speed increase, that is all. 

I know with stock gearing and a simple exhaust, carb, and intake change and you can hit just over 100mph indicated. 

Would not want to do that for long though, If you want to go real fast over long paved distances you bought the wrong bike. 

and if you changed the pipe and did not re-jet or open up the intake, well you did more harm than good. Rejet, mod the airbox, then see what you have. 

Irutt, is on it............

You already have an exhaust upgrade........

Open the airbox and / or get a free flowing air filter......

Rejet the carb (for the exhaust and intake changes)............this is needed even when stock IMO (very important)

Desmog the bike............wont help with speed but will improve things...........(review the desmog threads)

If you do more highway speeds you can change the sprockets..........

I desmogged the bike, installed a FMF Q4 exhaust, installed a Uni air filter, and a FMF power up jet kit ( jets, needle and lighter spring) and am running stock geaing (sprocket sizes) the bike does over 100mph and gets there pretty fast. I am under 175lbs and the bike does not even know I am on it.

With these changes the bike is faster, quicker and runs cooler....................... as Irutt said make these changes and go from there.....