Need some help with a DS80

I'm hoping someone here can lend a hand, because I'm totally stumped right now.  I recently bought my daughter a 93 DS80 so she could learn the clutch.  It ran OK when I went to look at it but not great... sounded like it needed the carb cleaned up and the owner said it had been sitting for over a year with the gas in it.  So I took it home and dunked the carb in chem dip overnight, reassembled and the bike wouldn't run hardly at all.  It would run good for short bursts then load up to the point you had to hold it WFO or it would die.  With the throttle WFO it would stumble and stutter and never really rev out at all.  I've cleaned the carb numerous times, tried running it with and without the air filter to see if the filter was plugged up (it is now replaced with a new OEM unit), put new reeds in it though it didn't really need them and replaced the reed cage, cylinder, and base gaskets (cylinder has to come off to change the reeds).  It has a new plug and fresh fuel and I still can't get it to run correctly, there was virtually no change in how it ran with all the work listed above.  My only other thought is maybe it's over-oiling but I think I'm grasping at straws there... does anyone have any suggestions?

what made you think it needed the carb cleaned by sound ? what do you mean you dunked it in chem dip ? what's chem dip ? 

did you clean the jets and assemble the floats/float valve on back properly 

http://www.berrymanproducts.com/products/eco-friendly-products/berryman-chem-dip-carburetor-and-parts-cleaner/

Yes the carb has been fully disassembled, cleaned and reassembled numerous times now as previously stated.  New plug properly gapped, new air filter, fresh fuel, stock jetting, oil pump adjusted.  Last night I got it to idle and run at small throttle openings but if you open the throttle much past half way it sputters and dies.

You probably think you reassembled and cleaned it properly but you didn't 

dunking the carb in parts cleaner isn't a fool proof way of cleaning carbs you still need to remove each jet and poke through the holes with fishing line and clear all the valves through with carb spray

Sometimes people put floats back on the wrong way and the  isn't mating with the float valve properly

Edited by 78SuzyQ

You probably think you reassembled and cleaned it properly but you didn't 

dunking the carb in parts cleaner isn't a fool proof way of cleaning carbs you still need to remove each jet and poke through the holes with fishing line and clear all the valves through with carb spray

Sometimes people put floats back on the wrong way and the  isn't mating with the float valve properly

Let me say it again... the carb has been fully disassembled and cleaned numerous times.  When it was dunked in the carb cleaner it was also fully disassembled- all jets, needle and needle seat, vent hoses,, float, slide, jet needle etc were removed each time I cleaned it.  I can shoot carb cleaner all the way through all the passages in the carb as well as all the jets.  I've set the float height as well.  And yes, I'm very aware of how to correctly reassemble the carburetor.  

spray carb cleaner through the carb intake and hit the throttle wide open after you start it, see if it revs all the way through to full power if it does you can isolate the problem to the carb

So maybe the ignition is weak?