Sign in to follow this  

How long has your Tubliss lasted?

Just curious on how long everyone has ran there tubliss

4 years and no problem. I just change out the bladder every few tire changes.

• Like 1

4-5 years for mine, neglecting them. well worth the 150$. never changed any bladders. probably went through 5 rear tires on mine. 

sometimes theyll only hold air for 2-3 days.. kind of annoying but at least you can ride for a full day.  I think it was a bent rim or bad valve stem letting it slowly leak.

ill spend 40$ on a tube, and 30$ to install, just to spend 30$ in fuel, ride for an hour and get a pinch flat.  100$ down the drain.

moose tubes feel weird to me, like youre riding on flat tires.

I love my tubliss set up.  mechanics sure dont though... no one can figure it out. its sad. 

Edited by coryf89

I'd love to try these, but at $100 apiece I doubt I ever will.  There is absolutely no reason for them to charge that much, I'm sure a lot more people would use them if they dropped the price by 1/3.  Personally I don't know anyone that uses them, and its because of the price.

Lol it's 2x the price of an hd tube. And a tube lasts two hard rides.... Tubliss lasts 5 years.

Edited by coryf89

Lol it's half the price of an hd tube. And a tube lasts two hard rides.... Tubliss lasts 5 years.

I don't know where you got that, an HD tube is NOT $200...LOL.

And I've had the same $20 hd tubes in my bike for well over a year.

• Like 2

You know what I meant. I must ride harder then. A 40$ hd maxxis tube that's about 4mm thick lasts me 3-5 rides. Then I'm 30 km into the mountains with a flat tire. Especially fun when it's pinched flat on the front. No more tubes for me. Ever again. I'll run moose tubes before I run normal ones

Edited by coryf89

You know what I meant. I must ride harder then. A 40$ hd maxxis tube that's about 4mm thick lasts me 3-5 rides. Then I'm 30 km into the mountains with a flat tire. Especially fun when it's on the front.

Only someone that is doing something seriously wrong wears out an inner tube.  Either you ride right over cactus, glass or nails, or you just have no idea how to mount a tire and maintain air pressure. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Run them for a few years without any issues, and also seen people wear them out immediately from being abusive with the install.  Depends on your level of care.

I would imagine that it's also not a great idea to ride them around in an underinflated state (inner or outer) to allow movement or friction along the sealing surface.

I'm not wearing them out. I'm hitting jagged mountain rocks at 50mph all day long. The rims get killed too. Not just the tubes.

And yeah. Every mechanic in every major city in Alberta that's ever swapped my tires must not know how do to them properly.

I'm not wearing them out. I'm hitting jagged mountain rocks at 50mph all day long. The rims get killed too. Not just the tubes.

And yeah. Every mechanic in every major city in Alberta that's ever swapped my tires must not know how do to them properly.

Also funny how 75% of the competitive harescramble racers here uses either moose tubes or tubliss. Tubes just don't work on our trails.

The newer tubeless system, second generation, are much better than the first generation. I just adjust the air pressure every ride and off I go. also it's a good idea to use a little Slime because, if you get a little prick in the tire it will help seal it and it also assists with the tire seating, so you get no leaks.

Edited by GreenHornet450

5 years, on second inner bladder on each. If you are figuring roi, I can tell you it is easily worth the investment in the long run. Not even a close call.

• Like 1

Six years in front and rear tubliss on my XR, No problems, no dent rims from riding flats, no tire slip from low pressure.

• Like 1

I'd love to try these, but at $100 apiece I doubt I ever will.  There is absolutely no reason for them to charge that much, I'm sure a lot more people would use them if they dropped the price by 1/3.  Personally I don't know anyone that uses them, and its because of the price.

I know what you mean. They might be my next mod. I love the idea.

5 years and going strong for the pair. In the first year I pinched a few of the small tubes during installation, but once I got the technique down I have been running the same liners for 5 years and same tubes for 4 years.

I love Tubliss and all the extra traction on hand when running 3 psi, but there are two downsides; tires don't last as long as the carcasses wear out quicker running such low pressure and tire selection is key (and limited to very tough tires) to avoid puncture.

Edited by woods-rider
  • Like 1

An experienced mechanic installed mine last year and he had to call the TUbliss owner to get the front tire sealed. Then it leaked anyway.

I trashed TUbliss and bought bibs. They're expensive but pretty fool proof.

They couldn't get mine to seal and then trashed the taking them off. I took my lap top with the Installation video all set to go as well. Had ago at it myself after never having done a dirt bike tire in my life. Haven't had a problem  :rolleyes: .

Haven't touched the rear since fitting the last tire. I don't use that slime shit, hasn't leaked at all  :thumbsup: .

• Like 1

Also an important note. When installing a tubeless system, you must use a new tire. Utilizing a tire under the old system will allow the system to leak due to the rim lock.