Sign in to follow this  

Mountain Jetting

Just installed an MRD SSW (shorty), K&N and did the 3x3 mod on a 2014 DRZ400SM. I purchased the Dynojet kit (3110 - SM version with stage 1 and 2) and was wondering if anyone could suggest to me some jetting setpoints for this kit. I'm in Edmonton, Alberta which is at 2100ft and do some riding in the mountains up to about 6000-8000ft. Typical riding temperatures varry from 5-25C.

Any and all suggestions are much appreciated.

Further more, I have ordered a 25 pilot jet and extended fuel screw. Any base line which others have for this region would be really helpful.

manual says 155main, you could start with 150 and standard needle position, the try 1 clip leaner.

extended screw is slightly richer than stock one, at your elevation 22.5 + extended screw (or 25 + stock screw ) could be enough.

you do not need both but if you already have them remember that extended screw needs less turns out. put it in the position giving the higher idle, probably around 1.5 turns out with a 25

Edited by 30x26

manual says 155main, you could start with 150 and standard needle position, the try 1 clip leaner.

extended screw is slightly richer than stock one, at your elevation 22.5 + extended screw (or 25 + stock screw ) could be enough.

you do not need both but if you already have them remember that extended screw needs less turns out. put it in the position giving the higher idle, probably around 1.5 turns out

Awesome, thanks for the suggestions. I'll give these settings a try using the 22.5 + extended screw.

Open exhaust and airbox, I only used the needle and spring from the DJ kit, ran either a 22.5 or a 25pj and the stock 142.5 MJ. All riding at 2,000 - 7,400 asl in the Shuswap area.

Back at sea level the 142.5 was making the engine unhappy. Otherwise nice and crisp, so much so that I didn't notice much improvement when I installed the FCR.

Edited by shuswap1