Sign in to follow this  

Maintenance schedule?

So besides changing the oil and greasing the chain are there any other regular upkeep things I should be doing regularly?

And what else needs to be done once in awhile? I just flushed the cables and saw how much that improves the feel of the bike and was wondering if there is anything else like that I should do.

Thanks

grease your rear swingarm fitting...

Either drill the steering head for fitting a grease zerk.....or disassemble and regrease the steering head bearings yearly,,

Disassemble and regrease or install grease zerks in the rear suspension linkage that Honda left out on the newer bikes like yours..

Check your valve adjustments at least yearly......more often if you pile on the miles..

It really depends on how/where you ride.....my bike sees alot of water and dirt,so i service it like a real dirtbike and strip it down almost completely every winter and regrease/clean every bearing.....

B

grease your rear swingarm fitting...

Either drill the steering head for fitting a grease zerk.....or disassemble and regrease the steering head bearings yearly,,

Disassemble and regrease or install grease zerks in the rear suspension linkage that Honda left out on the newer bikes like yours..

Check your valve adjustments at least yearly......more often if you pile on the miles..

It really depends on how/where you ride.....my bike sees alot of water and dirt,so i service it like a real dirtbike and strip it down almost completely every winter and regrease/clean every bearing.....

B

Thanks. I'll start searching the threads =B^)

Unless you Wana post them lmao