1997 KTM 200 exc Jackpiner worth?

Hello,

I just picked up a two enduro bikes and one of those is a 1997 KTM 200 exc Jackpiner edition. The bike has only 4.6 hrs and EVERYTHING is original and in perfect condition. I have all the certificates, original bag with Jackpiner signatures, owner manuals and everything the bike came with on delivery day.

How much you guys think this bike is worth today? There were only 133 bikes made ( mine is #32) and I am curious to know how much one of this will see for today.

Any help will be appreciated.image.jpgimage.jpg

Edited by Lada2981

I have no idea what its worth, but I would sure like to own one. That was the only PDS bike the used a ohlins shock. The guys at Ktmtalk might be able to help you out.

What did you pay for it? I'd you don't mind me asking?

Thanks Brennan.

As for what I pay I got probably the best deal I will ever get on a bike. $2200 for both. Now I am just flushing the fluids in the bike and hoping to crank them up this weekend.

Thanks Brennan.

As for what I pay I got probably the best deal I will ever get on a bike. $2200 for both. Now I am just flushing the fluids in the bike and hoping to crank them up this weekend.

you aren't going to ride them much are you?

you aren't going to ride them much are you?

I will ride them....I just have to. But I won't ride them much. Maybe I need to trade it for a bike that I can actually ride. As pretty an unique as this bike is I hate to have a bike just sitting in the garage.

I will ride them....I just have to. But I won't ride them much. Maybe I need to trade it for a bike that I can actually ride. As pretty an unique as this bike is I hate to have a bike just sitting in the garage.

please don't put much wear on them. Edited by Squid_Racer

please don't put much wear on them.

The other day I took it to a guy I know in the KTM dealer I have near by. When the owner/manager saw it he wanted me to sell it to him to put it in the showroom...maybe after I ride it if he wants to make an even trade for a 2016 KTM .... I might have to get rid of it. ; )

The other day I took it to a guy I know in the KTM dealer I have near by. When the owner/manager saw it he wanted me to sell it to him to put it in the showroom...maybe after I ride it if he wants to make an even trade for a 2016 KTM .... I might have to get rid of it. ; )

it's not worth that much yet.

Wow I'd almost put some regular orange plastics on there if you plan to ride it at all. I'll be the blue plastic/graphics are impossible to find.  

Neat bikes thats for sure  :cool:  There was one for sale on advrider awhile back (same one?)   

Edited by Rot Box

Wow I'd almost put some regular orange plastics on there if you plan to ride it at all. I'll be the blue plastic/graphics are impossible to find.  

Neat bikes thats for sure  :cool:  There was one for sale on advrider awhile back (same one?)

Not the same bike from advrider....I bought them from a private individual that had them on the basement since 1997.

Sweet looking bikes

Sweet looking bikes

Yep, nice cosmetics but just another old bike in reality.

You can find aftermarket blue plastics for that bike, I thought about using some on my 01. But the tank, pipe, plastics and I'm sure some other parts on that bike are damn near irreplaceable. Every scratch and mark on that bike depreciates is value much more than any other similar bike of which there are many. I think it would be a travesty to ride that bike more than down the street and back a time or two, especially since they were properly stored until now.

I've got an 01 that's nicely set up and freshly restored, overall a better package than the pictured jack piner yet almost the same bike. I'd loan my bike to the OP so he could see what they're like without damaging something that can't be replaced if he were nearby.

There was one listed locally s year ago someone "restored" but it was a poor job with the newer forks and a couple other odds and ends that weren't original. He listed it many times trying to get about 1k more than a nice one that was about the same year. I saw it posted many times, without the original parts in good condition it truly is just an old bike.

I would stick orange plastic on them and ride them. You can still get all the parts to keep the bike running.

Edited by brennan300

I would stick orange plastic on them and ride them. You can still get all the parts to keep the bike running.

a restored bike welt be worth anything close to an original in pristine condition.

a restored bike welt be worth anything close to an original in pristine condition.

You are right, but it's still a dirt bike.

It's not like it's a 68 Shelby GT 500 survivor. I couldn't help and not drive that too.

Edited by brennan300

I agree don't ride them , sell one for a profit and buy a more modern bike and keep the other in the condition its in ..