Sign in to follow this  

Exhaust questions

I know you guys have lots of knowledge so I am seeking some answers.

1. Can anyone identify which fmf exhaust this is without the decal?

20150811_164120.jpg

20150811_164134.jpg

20150811_164145.jpg

2. If I got a header for this slip on would there be any difference than getting a full exhaust?

3. I have read that the E header is a cheaper but equal alternative to a aftermarket header. Is this true and what would be a reasonable price for one in good condition? I did not see a lot on ebay.

Thanks in advance for any help!

As far as I know the Q4 and powercore4 both look the same on the outside. Heres my powercore:

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1439417395.591115.jpg

Take out the hex screw and pull out the spark arrestor out of the end cap, if it looks like a straight through preforated pipe its a pc4, like this:

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1439417590.053182.jpg

I believe the Q4 has baffles in it and thats why its more quiet.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1439417736.591789.jpg

Heres a pic with the quiet core insert on top and regular spark arrestor on bottom. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Thank you for the pics kiddreamr. That is what i needed. I just repacked it so with that i know it is a pc4. I only have the spark arrestor. Does the quite core make much difference with sound and does it hurt power much?

2. If I got a header for this slip on would there be any difference than getting a full exhaust?

3. I have read that the E header is a cheaper but equal alternative to a aftermarket header. Is this true and what would be a reasonable price for one in good condition? I did not see a lot on ebay.

I would be worried about buying the smaller diameter header that somebody is trying to pass of as a E, plus it can be up to 15 years old rusted/beat up. The FMF Powerbomb is $200 brand new and shiny stainless steel :thumbsup:  Powerbomb + pc4 = full exhaust

Thank you for the pics kiddreamr. That is what i needed. I just repacked it so with that i know it is a pc4. I only have the spark arrestor. Does the quite core make much difference with sound and does it hurt power much?

No prob, if you are going to keep the pc4, $36 for the quiet insert is definitely worth it. Check out these links from fellow TT'ers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jphQ9Nt5Snk

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1145349-fmf-pc4-pb-headerquiet-insert-questions/

• Like 3