2011 Husqvarna TE310 info

Thinking about buying one saw one on craigslist for 4750 with 380 miles. It's street legal to. I was orignally looking at a klx 250s 2014 but the husky really got my attention. My question is it worth it? Are huskys hard to maintain and find parts? I'm generally a new rider only thing i've ridden was the 125cc chinese pitbikes. So ik it will be a huge step up. I just wanna know is it better going with husky or one of the JAP brands. Help me out please and thank you 

Thinking about buying one saw one on craigslist for 4750 with 380 miles. It's street legal to. I was orignally looking at a klx 250s 2014 but the husky really got my attention. My question is it worth it? Are huskys hard to maintain and find parts? I'm generally a new rider only thing i've ridden was the 125cc chinese pitbikes. So ik it will be a huge step up. I just wanna know is it better going with husky or one of the JAP brands. Help me out please and thank you 

can someone please help me out 

Buy it! SWM is making the same bike. They bought the old factory and are still building them. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1439335232.926917.jpg

Parts shouldn't be a problem at all and it's a great bike!

This is the newer "red head" model, but still you have parts for my11 bikes and KTM is also stocking parts for those bikes.

What are your goals with the bike? 

While the 250-510 Huskys may be street legal, they are basically race bikes with lights. I had a plated '11 TXC250 for a bit and its biggest downfall was the close ratio trans. The tiny bit of crankcase oil it carries doesn't help it much either.

Edited by gots_a_sol

What are your goals with the bike? 

While the 250-510 Huskys may be street legal, they are basically race bikes with lights. I had a plated '11 TXC250 for a bit and its biggest downfall was the close ratio trans. The tiny bit of crankcase oil it carries doesn't help it much either.

My goal is mainly trail riding a little woods racing. Maybe a little highway use or back road use to get me to trails and stuff. 

You will find out quickly no highway use and very little road. Transmission and the overall dirt bike design prevents any long road use. Trail, after a regear it works very good. Talk to Zip Ty racing to get the needed mods to help in overall durability and satisfaction otherwise a great bike. Price wise,,, not good but not bad. These bikes new were sold after rebates for around $5500 so any add-ons make it better. Locally here this bike would be worth $3000 with the basic protection.

First thing to get is a TXC ECU and adjust FI settings all which Zip Ty can provide.

Edited by weantright

A friend let me borrow his te310 for a week while my bike was down (Crf250x). I had a blast! Bike had all the guts I wanted plus it was as nimble as a jackrabbit! Rode it hard in both EFI settings and the 1st was perfect for how/where we were riding (open, fast twisty turny). I don't remember #of teeth front and back but it was set up for technical woods riding. 

My friend also has one of these.  Great bike and way more nimble than my 07 WR450f.

Since riding my mate's TE310 I've been thinking about getting one but the only thing holding me back is the dreaded starter issue.  That and the fact that my mate has just recently gotten his bike back after a $1,000 repair bill which was related to the starter.