why is TT displaying advertising space for the nature conservancy?

the nature conservancy is working relentlessly towards eradicating any and all motorized recreation in washington state forests and anywhere else they can get their hooks in, they are buying up our forests and shutting down motorized use...  i cannot believe i just saw an advertisement on thumpertalk sponsored by them.  i tried to snap a picture but before i could grab my phone the advertisement recycled.  i don't know if it's possible but shut them down from being able to advertise their BS on this site.  if it's possible please shut them down from advertising here!!!!    they are 1000% against motorized access in the forests, why on earth would the offroad community want them advertising here?

-danny 

Many of the ads are served by google, and google determines what ads to show based on the topic being discussed on that page. So if there is a topic about land resources, its possible to see ads from land conservation groups.

While this might seem like a bad thing on TT at first thought....you just have to look a little closer to see how great this is.

1) TT members will NEVER be turned into tree hugging hippies no matter how many ads they see.

2) these tree huggers pay money to google to show there ads.

3) google shares that money with TT.

4) TT uses that ad money to power this website, and to promote more and more people out riding.

5) Tree hugging hippies' money ends up going to promote the very thing they hate.

6) Poetic justice is SERVED! (at least in some small way).

The ads are probably trying to make you go to the dark side. Unless you are easily persuaded, let them waste their money

they are trying to brainwash you log out of tt, smash your phone then go hide in the mountains with your dirt bike only coming into town for gas and hookers 

8569b8645c1ccd99e562715637294f2c.jpg

they are trying to brainwash you log out of tt, smash your phone then go hide in the mountains with your dirt bike only coming into town for gas and hookers

8569b8645c1ccd99e562715637294f2c.jpg

I wouldn't mind leaving with how mankind is going. Plus, who needs hookers when you have a hand.

yeah it's a big joke right up until the day we have no places left to ride...

Many of the ads are served by google, and google determines what ads to show based on the topic being discussed on that page. So if there is a topic about land resources, its possible to see ads from land conservation groups.

While this might seem like a bad thing on TT at first thought....you just have to look a little closer to see how great this is.

1) TT members will NEVER be turned into tree hugging hippies no matter how many ads they see.

2) these tree huggers pay money to google to show there ads.

3) google shares that money with TT.

4) TT uses that ad money to power this website, and to promote more and more people out riding.

5) Tree hugging hippies' money ends up going to promote the very thing they hate.

6) Poetic justice is SERVED! (at least in some small way).

Those revolving ads you buy as a package.  I used to get the same thing when I worked for Off-Road.com as the land use editor.  People would be up in arms about the ads for Sierra Club, Wilderness Society, etal appearing on that section.  But, look at the other side of it.  I used to subscribe to all of their newsletters and participate on their forums, it keeps you up to date.  Remember, "keep your friends close and your enemies closer". ;)

Those revolving ads you buy as a package. I used to get the same thing when I worked for Off-Road.com as the land use editor. People would be up in arms about the ads for Sierra Club, Wilderness Society, etal appearing on that section. But, look at the other side of it. I used to subscribe to all of their newsletters and participate on their forums, it keeps you up to date. Remember, "keep your friends close and your enemies closer". ;)

so we should all join earth first and learn how to set traps for dirt bikes?

so we should all join earth first and learn how to set traps for dirt bikes?

At least you will know how to recognize them better I guess.