Yz250 help please

I have a 2001 yz250 and went to change the oil seal to find out they are totally different. Can anyone tell me how to identify motor year? Or at least what year I should buy for the oil seal? I know it's a long shot but they are very distinct and someone who has done a seal replacement might be able to identify the year.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Left side seal was the one pulled.also solo pic is also one that was pulled out of motor just for an up close look.

First, check the VIN with a web site that can decode it to determine the year.  You SHOULD know this for future use. Second, you say "oil seals".  Are you talking about main seals? I see on the Partzilla web site that the same seals are used for MANY years.  Are you sure someone didn't just sell you the wrong seals?

First, check the VIN with a web site that can decode it to determine the year. You SHOULD know this for future use. Second, you say "oil seals". Are you talking about main seals? I see on the Partzilla web site that the same seals are used for MANY years. Are you sure someone didn't just sell you the wrong seals?

I ran the vin already and it's a 01 I also just got the title transferred not to long ago and DMV also have it as an 01. It is the crank oil seal clutch side. My bike was burning up trans. Oil that's why I decided to replace it and I was right to, there was lots of oil on the other side of the seal. As far as wrong seal you might be correct, I bought 2 from 1 each from different sellers and got the same one.but I will by straight from an oem parts store just in case iv been getting the wrong part. Edited by Yagatogi

Looks to me like you have both left and right seals, the larger one is the right hand seal, smaller one is the stator side seal.

Same seals 2001 up both sides of crank, at least 2007. Never worked on the newer bikes, to expensive to purchase and restore.

Appreciate it guys.i ordered the correct seal from partszilla ,apparently it was a 00 and lower years I kept getting from eBay sellers. Thanks for all the replies