MRD Z-Pro! How To Order The Wrong One! (Just Like Me) O.o

? My Sincerest Apologies To Mr. Dave   ? 

? !!!  I AM AN IDIOT  !!! ? 

I just looked back at my order through the TT Store, and ... I did not specify "E" "S" or "SM" When I ordered.

The issues I have are entirely MY fault!

So, When you are an overzealous purchaser and do not order the "E" MRD pipe for your "E", the following is what you have to work around.  :banghead: 

edit_Behind_tab_forward01.jpg

Edit_Front_of_tab_forward01.jpg

edit_Far_as_it_will_go_forward01.jpg

MRD_Hitting_Frame.jpg

? My Sincerest Apologies To Mr. Dave  ? 

?  Again, I'm An Idiot? 

Edited by Brothermist
  • Like 2

1- you ordered the system for an e right and not an s/sm?

2- is your subframe/frame tweaked in any way, shape, or form?

3- Dave at MRD is a great guy and the product is great, so I'm sure he'll be willing to work with you if you contact him. You did contact him first before coming here right?

4- on my sm, installation was a breeze, so I'm thinking #1 or #2 is the issue. Each bike is different in the way it's dropped or crashed.

5-speaking of installation, you followed the instructions that came with it? Not trying to insult your intelligence just trying to rule out the easy stuff.

• Like 1

Many thanks guys for helping me find the error, MY error.

Edited the post, and title. 

I looked at my order and did not specify "E" when I placed the order. Wasn't aware the subframe attachment points were different, or that there were "E" and "S/SM" units. Should have listened to Benny Hill when he tried to teach us about assuming.  :goofy:

Gotta try to remember to back away from the PC when upset as well. Many apologies.

• Like 3

There are 2 models. 1 for the S/SM and one for the E. I have the S/SM.

I've mounted it via the rear most mount, and the flange. Going to make a bracket to get the center mount to reach the tab on the subframe. I was a little worried about having enough overlap in the slip-joint between the header and the rear of the exhaust, but there is enough there. After a short test run with the bike stationary... no leaks.

Hell, I have not mounted my Edge tail light to the new black rear fender yet... So I may just pick up a S/SM subframe. Kill 2 birds with one stone; Cleaner tail light mounting, no holes is the rear fender, and better mount for this MRD.

A side note... The MRD, uncorked with no SA, is brutally loud and deep. The youtube videos do not do it justice!

Edited by Brothermist
  • Like 1

Cruising is fine. I'm running 16/41 gearing with a big bore, fcr, and cams and I can cruise at around 55 and the exhaust isn't too bad. Now sometimes at certain speeds you get that reverberation sensation, sorta like when you have the windows down in a car on the highway. Under load when I'm on the throttle it's like there's firecrackers in my ears. For longer or faster rides I wear earplugs, not only for the exhaust but also the wind noise. My fly trekker helmet gets lots of air noise. Oh and another bonus about the shorty MRD is under hard deceleration at night it shoots flame! Watch out for melted turn signals! Glad you were able to fab up a bracket to make it work for you though.

Gotta try to remember to back away from the PC when upset as well. Many apologies.

I dunno about anyone else, but I didn't get the impressions there was any bashing. Just understandable frustration and asking why it wouldn't fit.

If by any reason you wanted to sell it for what you paid and get one that fits 100% PM me.

Edited by Kx250FRiDeR651

I dunno about anyone else, but I didn't get the impressions there was any bashing. Just understandable frustration and asking why it wouldn't fit.

The un-edited original post was harsh. Not all of it, but it was there.

I didn't want it to turn up in a search in the future, and cause someone to doubt the quality of these pipes. The man who makes his living fabricating these pipes up for us did nothing but supply what was requested. And the build quality of the thing is amazing. I simply did not specify that I needed an "E" pipe. This was also ordered through the TT store, not MRD directly. (just to avoid confusion)

After I realized that I had made the error (and calmed a bit) I felt personally obligated to remove any idea of fault by MRD or TT from the post.

Anywho...  :ride:

I will be keeping the exhaust. I made the mistake of listening to it, and now I'm in love.  ?

• Like 1

If by any reason you wanted to sell it for what you paid and get one that fits 100% PM me.

I didn't really think this was going to be a blame xyz guy thread, so if I can off harsh in my response it wasn't intended either. I was just trying to ask "the dumb questions" in the easiest and most direct way possible. Emotion is hard to convey sometimes through the Internet. OP I hope you, or anyone else, didn't get the idea that I was calling you out for bashing. I was only trying to reassure you that everything will be ok and that you'd most likely be taken care of based on what I've seen and experienced in dealing with the parties involved.

• Like 2

i bought my bike with the yoshi rs-2 on it... i like it, but i kinda want the mrd shorty...   i love the sound of it....  i am on road 99%, so not worried about the noise level... and i usually ride with harleys. so the yoshi just gets lost in the wash... 

Me too, minus the harley part. Those bikes can't keep up when there are turns, or bumps, or curbs...hehe

How much do good condition rs2's go for? With the baffle removed, it flows pretty well. Not sure if its worth selling though.

Edited by Kx250FRiDeR651
  • Like 1

Me too, minus the harley part. Those bikes can't keep up when there are turns, or bumps, or curbs...hehe

How much do good condition rs2's go for? With the baffle removed, it flows pretty well. Not sure if its worth selling though.

I might be interested in your Yoshi, send me a PM when and if you decide to sell it!