2014 Suzuki RM-Z 450 stock suspension

Hi guys, I'm new to dirt bike riding and I have been looking at getting a 2014 RMZ 450. I'm 6'2" 295lb and plan to use it for trail riding. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I should get the bike resprung or will the stock suspension be fine. I don't plan on jumping the bike just for ATV type trail riding. I have a quad now but nothing beats the freedom of two wheels.

You'll definitely want to get it resprung.

Save yourself the money and put it towards something else. Tighten up the adjustments up to the best of your licking and ride it out. Seems like your just going to be cruising and easy trail riding. If you were going to race or and experience hard rider def, but that doesn't seem like it's your case. Maybe down the road if you really get into it and ride it at the track with jumps or start riding hard then it might be worth it.

Okay, I'll probably just wait and feel how it rides and maybe get it resprung in a month or two, any dealer should be able to get me the suspension I need, right?

You can respring it yourself for a couple hundred bucks. Would be money well spent. Even just trailing riding at a relaxed pace you would benefit from proper springs in my opinion.

Your mileage may vary.

Yeah if I can install them myself without having to get any special tool, I'll do it sooner. I'll look into it thanks for the help!

Yeah if I can install them myself without having to get any special tool, I'll do it sooner. I'll look into it thanks for the help!

Well, you need a special tool or two on the forks, but they are tools you will want to have anyway to do routine maintenance like fluid and fork seal replacement. The shock you can change with normal hand tools.

Hey! Can you send me some pics of your bike RatherBriding. Thanks in advance.

Im 6 foot, I found the suzuki cramped(I had a 2011 RMZ450). Even moved bars forward with aftermarket clamp but always felt like a big kid on a little kids bike. Im currently on a  13 kx450f and love it, much less vibration and fits me much better plus the power is sooooo much better. My 2 cents worth anyhow.

AS far as respring its the first thing anyone should do to their bike if your outside of the weight range its designed for. It will ride smoother and handle better with correct spring rates.