Sign in to follow this  

anyone else getting sick of those razrs and side by sides?

They look cool and all, kinda like the vehicles in Halo, but as wide as they are they are dangerous to come across out on the trail. Some of the singletrack trails out here turn into ATV trails for a while, and I have no probs swerving and getting around an ATV coming the other direction if they are trying to stay on the right, but those damn side by sides are as wide as the atv trails, with no where to go in some places. I damn near got creamed last weekend when coming around the corner all of a sudden there is a razor and I had to go off trail and down an embankment to avoid getting creamed. He just kept going, of course.

Sooner or later they will need to ban side by sides from atv trails that run along ridges or mountain sides or some bad shet is gonna happen.

I understand that everyone deserves to be out riding, but that ain't riding and in my opinion, they are just too damn wide to be on atv trails.  

• Like 2

Most of them are "legally" limited to jeep trails because they are over 50" wide, however most people who own them don't know that they are classified as a jeep and go down the atv trails anyways. I always give them a piece of my mind when I see them where they aren't supposed to be.

Most of them are "legally" limited to jeep trails because they are over 50" wide, however most people who own them don't know that they are classified as a jeep and go down the atv trails anyways. I always give them a piece of my mind when I see them where they aren't supposed to be.

If I run into the idiot who ran me off the trail I'm gonna give him a bit more than just my mind. I wanted to turn around and chase him down but it was late and my tank was getting low as it was. 

Seriously, these guys need to be educated. 

We havent had a huge problem with sxs yet. Atv's are still the problem here.

Some of the smaller utvs are allowed and okay on the atv trails. Im just amazed where these rigs can go.

• Like 1

Had a friend get run over by one, broke his hip bone. The guy came around a corner sideways on a fire road on a RZR 1000 and just plowed him. There was a cliff on one side and mountain on the other so even if he could move there wasn't anyplace to go. I'm sure he wasn't just cruising either. 

CHP ruled it as mutual collision, so you take care of you own injuries and vehicle. 

Kinda crazy now that he owns and drives one instead of a bike.

http://arkansas-dirt-riders.spruz.com/forums/?page=post&id=28AAA819-ACF5-4739-980F-34B4DA47CADD&fid=BFB76C67-B12B-45CD-B641-EE5DFC021F2E

Talk to the AR Dirt Riders club--their forest was closed bc of sideXsides. Turning a single track into a JEEP ROAD isn't conducive to maintaining trail systems!!

Not to mention "increased encounters with management." I read this as drunken bubba leaving his beer cans everywhere, then picking fights with the ranger patrol.

Quads, sideXsides and liberals: they destroy everything.

• Like 5

I think the land owners should start regulating UTV's, if there is no regulations not much we can do other than just be careful, 1 of the places I go is private own and because of Liability and Insurance they don't allow the UTVS' on trails or tracks only on campgrounds.

Butt the other place I go and is a state forest they allow UTV's up to 800cc and 2 seaters only.

I agree UTV's are getting seriously fast and bigger and authorities should look in to that.

Wouldn't mind own, they seem fun :goofy:

There's an 87 page thread for this:
http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1122518-why-do-you-guys-hate-quads-so-much/

And there are pics posted by me in that thread that document the damage done by the idiots that drive these things. :rant::mad:

I thing that threat is mostly for ATV's not UTV's

Edited by MXGuy34

I think the land owners should start regulating UTV's, if there is no regulations not much we can do other than just be careful, 1 of the places I go is private own and because of Liability and Insurance they don't allow the UTVS' on trails or tracks only on campgrounds.

Butt the other place I go and is a state forest they allow UTV's up to 800cc and 2 seaters only.

I agree UTV's are getting seriously fast and bigger and authorities should look in to that.

Wouldn't mind own, they seem fun :goofy:

I thing that threat is mostly for ATV's not UTV's

It morphed long ago into both.

• Like 1

There's an 87 page thread for this:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1122518-why-do-you-guys-hate-quads-so-much/

And there are pics posted by me in that thread that document the damage done by the idiots that drive these things. :rant::mad:

I get a kick out of these threads. I hate to break it to you guys, but there are idiots out there riding and driving all kinds of things! I have always loved two wheels. I have two dirt bikes, two sxs, one quad, one Harley and a jeep with a ford 302 in it. I enjoy OFFROADING period. My wife refuses to ride two wheels with me, but really enjoys the sxs. It all comes down to what ever you decide to ride, do it responsibly and with respect for others. There are plenty of idiots on two wheels as well. We all need to do what it takes to keep our sport in a positive light.

• Like 6

I get a kick out of these threads. I hate to break it to you guys, but there are idiots out there riding and driving all kinds of things! I have always loved two wheels. I have two dirt bikes, two sxs, one quad, one Harley and a jeep with a ford 302 in it. I enjoy OFFROADING period. My wife refuses to ride two wheels with me, but really enjoys the sxs. It all comes down to what ever you decide to ride, do it responsibly and with respect for others. There are plenty of idiots on two wheels as well. We all need to do what it takes to keep our sport in a positive light.

I too have dirt bikes and a rather built CJ-7, but no way will you catch me on one of those 4 wheel turf destroyers.  But, I guess it just comes from what you see; around here it seems you are not allowed to drive one unless you have an IQ well south of 100. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I too have dirt bikes and a rather built CJ-7, but no way will you catch me on one of those 4 wheel turf destroyers.  But, I guess it just comes from what you see; around here it seems you are not allowed to drive one unless you have an IQ well south of 100. :rolleyes:

I live in NC, but I have a small cabin in WV. On weekends the helicopters stay in the air collecting all of the quad guys that are full of liquid courage. Expensive rides they are!

I am getting sick of them. They are everywhere. They're taking over. The new fad like golf carts.

Shouldn't be surprised side by sides are the ultimate in laziness. Why ride something that takes effort when a person can just sit there.

• Like 2

I am getting sick of them. They are everywhere. They're taking over. The new fad like golf carts.

Shouldn't be surprised side by sides are the ultimate in laziness. Why ride something that takes effort when a person can just sit there.

Because some people are incapable of riding a dirtbike, or don't feel safe on them... like my wife, so they should just stay home because of it? I love these threads, can really tell who the elitist ass holes are...

• Like 2

Because some people are incapable of riding a dirtbike, or don't feel safe on them... like my wife, so they should just stay home because of it? I love these threads, can really tell who the elitist ass holes are...

And I love how you always show up for these threads and put your 2 cents in for the 4 wheelers.  Dependable, if nothing else. :smirk:

• Like 1

I live in NC, but I have a small cabin in WV. On weekends the helicopters stay in the air collecting all of the quad guys that are full of liquid courage. Expensive rides they are!

I also live in NC, and ride the Hatfield- McCoy trails in WV. 90% of the UTV/SXS/quad people are ok. Mostly families, respectfull of the far out numbered dirt bikers like me. 10% are a-holes, with no respect for anyone or anything. Fortunately the drunken bubbas stay on the "outlaw" trails, taking themselves and each other out with regularity. Had some very close encounters with the afore mentioned 10% though. You folks that live in the rest of the country need to experience first hand what 4 wheels and no IQ can do.

• Like 2

And I love how you always show up for these threads and put your 2 cents in for the 4 wheelers. Dependable, if nothing else. :smirk:

I defend those that can't ride a bike but do find a way to enjoy the outdoors like we all do. I don't care how many wheels it has...

I hate rzrs they have ruined a great place to ride and they think they own the trail if you meet them Blairing their music. Drinking beer to many people are getting hurt in them cause everyone thinks that cage makes the bullet pruff