Showa SFF Air Support App

Just found out that Showa has made a mobile (cell) phone app to support riders with SFF TAC Showa forks.

I've downloaded it (its free!) and it is actually pretty good. You upload your info such as bike, rider weight etc and it generates recommended pressures

You then use the app to see how pressure/oil changes effect the suspension via a 'reaction force graph', which basically eliminates the guess work out of pressure changes as you can visually see how a change will effect the fork via the graph, very useful.

It also features a 'Setting FAQ' which gives a very detailed run down of how to tune the forks to solve specific issues.

Overall a real good app and a much needed tool for SFF TAC users, if you haven't already I'd highly recommend you download it!

Awesome find russ, thanks for sharing

Does anyone know of something like this for the sff

(I will be researching it also)

Cool!-  Just downloaded it-  Good to have this.  Kudos to Showa

Thanks

2015 forks are still to harsh out of the box in my opinion. I had to get a revavle and boy did it help out a lot.

Yep, way too much high speed compression damping imo, no wonder people couldn't figure out setting the main air spring!

2015 forks are still to harsh out of the box in my opinion. I had to get a revavle and boy did it help out a lot.

Getting mine revalved this wk-

Edited by superdave19

Yup I can't believe the difference from stock. I pushed down the main air spring fork when I got it back and it was at least 50% easier to push down. I was thinking this isn't gonna work. Boy was u wrong I can really slam these forks and it doesn't transfer to the hands whatsoever. Love em now. Revalve, 180 main spring, 190 balance and compression 14 out. I weigh 235

After rider a few different 450 on the trails this past weekend, my 2015 RMZ450 was night and day in terms of stiffness and bump absorption on the trails compared to the others.

Sending mine off for a rebuild/revalve once the snow flies.

Yup I can't believe the difference from stock. I pushed down the main air spring fork when I got it back and it was at least 50% easier to push down. I was thinking this isn't gonna work. Boy was u wrong I can really slam these forks and it doesn't transfer to the hands whatsoever. Love em now. Revalve, 180 main spring, 190 balance and compression 14 out. I weigh 235

Sorry it was the dampening side I was pushing down not the main air side.

Just got mine back-  I think they take a bit more time to break in..   In addition, most of our tracks around here don, so until bout 5 hrs on them, and on a rough track, I can't give honest feedback.

I'm a bit late on this thread but I just downloaded this app and gonna try it next weekend. Has anyone had any joy with it??

I'm a bit late on this thread but I just downloaded this app and gonna try it next weekend. Has anyone had any joy with it??

It's definitely helped me to learn to tune the fork. When using the graph, just use it as a gauge to see what changes you need to make to achieve the desired outcome.

The 'Setting FAQ' section is best and gives good advice on how to solve specific issues.

Ah sweet! Can't wait to try it this weekend. I'll come back and let you know what happens

Not a bad little SFF TAC support vid by Suzuki