How to remove clutch push rod bearing?

Need to replace the clutch push rod bearing as I think it's called and I'm stumped on how to remove it. I can't pull it with a puller because of its position and I don't own one. Any ideas?

#24 on the diagram

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1439424587.317631.jpg

What bike and year is this?

What bike and year is this?

It's a 2011 yz125

This should go in the yamaha fourm and I'm assuming you do not have the shop service manual or clymer manual for your bike cus I would think either of them would explain how to get this out..

Anyway, looks like #24 bearing goes into the right side case. This looks tricky so I would rather give no advice.

Hopefully someone can give you good advice dude!

Edited by filterx

This should go in the yamaha fourm and I'm assuming you do not have the shop service manual or clymer manual for your bike cus I would think either of them would explain how to get this out..

Anyway, looks like #24 bearing goes into the right side case. This looks tricky so I would rather give no advice.

Hopefully someone can give you good advice dude!

Thanks man! I have the service manual for it but I don't think it explains how to remove it.

Ya dude i was think torch or worst case cracking the case's but DO NOT do either of these until you can get advice from someone who has done this

Ya dude i was think torch or worst case cracking the case's but DO NOT do either of these until you can get advice from someone who has done this

The engine is completely apart and split right now. This is the only thing keeping me from assembling it.

I replaced those bearings in my 2002 yz 250 last rebuild. ...not easy. You need to remove the locating set screw for the shaft. And you need a long reach small diameter blind bearing puller. The harbor freight blind bearing puller just barely worked. Very tight confines and small diameter bearing.

When reassembling you need to install the first bearing past the location of the set screw. Then install the set screw and the outer bearing go's right up to the set screw.

All that above assuming it's the same as the yz250. Looks close anyway.

I just recently finished a complete rebuild on my '08 yz250 and those were the only bearings on the bike that I didn't replace. I just put some grease on the push rod and it moved smoothly up and down, so I left them go for now.

I'm not sure if it's the same way the 125, but on the 250 there is a cut out in the case for the rubber seal on the stator. Like E36M3E said, you'll need a long reach puller to go through that cut out in order to get to the bearing.

Luckily, it looks like you'll only have to deal with one bearing on the 125, rather than two like the 250 has. Just make sure you have the right tools, and be careful to reinstall the new bearing without damaging the bearing or the case. A little bit of heat should make things easier (just be very careful if you use a torch).

Those are the PITA bearings of all in the motor. They really don't need to be replaced unless they are damaged. I have never seen them damaged but when you have to replace a case half..... Damn. They press in and the 250 has two that are separated by a set screw. Yes...

Blind bearing pulled slide hammer to get them out.

Edited by PALMER84ONE

Ya - This looked a bitch to get out and IMO i would only replace if it was shot.

I knew there would be some good input on TT :thumbsup:

The deeper bearing is hard to grab with the puller because the puller hits the bottom of the bore. Make sure the puller is all the way in and tighten it really good. Once the bearing moves a bit, reset the puller so it hooks the outer race and it comes out easy. As mentioned though, those bearings see relatively little action (they might spin 90 degrees) so replacement is only necessary if they're damaged.