Is a Nevada 2014 690 r enduro street legal in California?

Hello, I live in the SF area and am looking at a 2014 690 enduro licensed in Nevada.  Is that bike street legal in California?

Yes it is but the taxes at the DMV will blow your mind and piss you off all at the same time for bringing in an out of state vehicle. In you will need a vin verification as well as a DMV inspection. 

Thanks for the info.  Think I'll probably wait to find one in CA.

Hello, I live in the SF area and am looking at a 2014 690 enduro licensed in Nevada. Is that bike street legal in California?

It's my understanding that the only way to know for sure is to see if the bike has a sticker on the frame that states it is California smog legal! I know this because out of state wr250r's are not Ca legal. Or at least they weren't last year when I tried to buy one from Ohio.

The 690 May be a 50 state bike, like Beta's are.

Edited by ssorange

I bought an 1100XX  in NV and brought into Cali, this was around 2010, it was a 49 state bike, I had to put 2000 some odd miles on it before I could get permanent CA regs but I did get temp operating.  Not sure if this is still applicable or not with all the new EPA rules and regs.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By CHILLY

• By Cyclops
      Who says you cant be competitive on a 550 lb Bike??
    • By ThumperJordan
      What are these? Big heavy 550- 600 pound road bikes with dirt tires and an upright position?
      That seems to be them.
      To me an "adventure bike" is one that you travel on remote roads which aren't developed.
      If you're not able to pick it up when you drop it ( and you should daily ), then it's not an adventure.
      Try picking up a 600-700 pound bike by yourself on a loose steep road....ain't gonna happen.
      So it beats me why these bike manufacturers don't take a DR,KLR,XR and give them a 6 speed tranny, and a modern suspension. These are the real adventure,light and you can power slide and get her loose without worrying about being crushed when you drop. The only one that's up to speed is the KTM. Instead, these are stuck in the 1980's tech department.
    • By Bryan Bosch
      Let's face it, TT is a pretty good resource for dual sport riders, but not so much for riders of large adventure bikes. Late last year, we starting working on building a community dedicated to large adventure bike riders and we'd like to invite you to join us. You can find us at
      The community is still a baby, but it seems to be steadily growing and some good ride reports are already out there. While it's based around discussion forums, we did bring over our Virtual Garage and Reviews System. We also have a community photo gallery where you can share your adventures and browse though the shots of others.
      So, if riding large adventure bikes is one of your passions, we'd love to have you.