Front sprocket

I did. You have to grind the crap out of the case saver behind the sprocket cover to get the chain to clear it. Also I had to trim some of the swing arm slider away.

• Like 1

Had to grind the case saver for clearance. Also the tips of the teeth are going to slightly interfere with the rubber buffer over the front end of the swingarm. It will make it's own clearance. That was with a Driven Racing 16T, which appears to be discontinued? That particular sprocket used to be the "go to" 16T sprocket as it had an ever so slightly smaller outside diameter.

• Like 1

Who has ever installed a 16T tooth sprocket on a DRZ400? Was there any issues? Clearance problems? Thanks

Cheaper isn't better...or everyone would be doing it.  Get a 38 tooth rear sprocket.  If that's not enough gear, you need a different bike.

Edited by Throttle5
  • Like 3

Who has ever installed a 16T tooth sprocket on a DRZ400? Was there any issues? Clearance problems? Thanks

hello I know am kind of late on the topic and new to riding, however am an experience mechanic and fabricator..Ive just install a 16t sprocket on my drz400s.

there was a bit of a clearance issue..took me a while to figure out the best  solution but I got in..the chain guard need to be cut, not across but vertical along the ariginal clearance and also need to grind about 2 mm off the arm(directly behind chain guard clearance) for the sprocket to fit..this is the only way..i hope i explained my self.lol...if you guys are interested. am thinking about starting a youtube channel. let me know if you guys need help thanks

Cheaper isn't better...or everyone would be doing it.  Get a 38 tooth rear sprocket.  If that's not enough gear, you need a different bike.

+1,  there was a thread here recently,  same question,  i and others told him that the 16 dosent work,  it rubs everything and you have to shave down the case protector which is thin to start with,  he tried it anyways,  then came back to say he's just going with a rear 38,  i run 15-38 and love it. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up..but its on there took it for a spin works fine..if i notice anything weired definitelygoin with the 38 rear

Drz400s seems to have a longer chain, stock is 15/44. Even at 41 at rear the chain will be a bit too long too much slack so the chain neets to be shorten a cpl of links for a better fit