2013 KTM 450 SX-F no start

So I was washing my bike the other day and pulled the bike in the garage after I was done to blow dry everything off with the air compressor. Once I was finished wiping and drying the bike off, I tried to start it, and nothing happened. It wouldn't crank over or start to make that whining noise when you have the bike in gear and roll it back-and-forth. Today I took all of the connectors apart and inspected them, then put everything back together. It still wouldn't start when you press the button, but putting the bike into gear, rocking it back-and-forth, to turn on the FI light and get that whine noise, after then I was able to get the bike to start. I let it run for a second, then turned it off, to start it back up with the button, getting nothing again with button, or rocking it back-and-forth in gear. I'm pretty confused by all of mess and anything would help. Thank you

So I was washing my bike the other day and pulled the bike in the garage after I was done to blow dry everything off with the air compressor. Once I was finished wiping and drying the bike off, I tried to start it, and nothing happened. It wouldn't crank over or start to make that whining noise when you have the bike in gear and roll it back-and-forth. Today I took all of the connectors apart and inspected them, then put everything back together. It still wouldn't start when you press the button, but putting the bike into gear, rocking it back-and-forth, to turn on the FI light and get that whine noise, after then I was able to get the bike to start. I let it run for a second, then turned it off, to start it back up with the button, getting nothing again with button, or rocking it back-and-forth in gear. I'm pretty confused by all of mess and anything would help. Thank you

Two issues you can suffer from:

1. If you here a "click" when pushing the start button, but nothing more, then it is your starter engine that is beginning to get toasted. if you rock the bike back and fwd in gear, you will eventually find a spot where the magnets in the starter engine is not damaged, and it will start again using the start button.

2. If you dont here a click when pressing the button, check behind the front number plate. Most likely broken cable to start button, or second, stop button.

Thank you I will give this a try later

Two issues you can suffer from:

1. If you here a "click" when pushing the start button, but nothing more, then it is your starter engine that is beginning to get toasted. if you rock the bike back and fwd in gear, you will eventually find a spot where the magnets in the starter engine is not damaged, and it will start again using the start button.

2. If you dont here a click when pressing the button, check behind the front number plate. Most likely broken cable to start button, or second, stop button.