06 crf450r wont start

Ok so im a mechanical retard so be gentle. Bike wont start, i live and will be riding at 9k+ elevation and brought it from sea level. I rejetted it to the best of my knowledge (went to local shop and told them what elevation i would be riding at and they gave me new main and slow jets). I have the fuel mixture screw at 1 and 1/2 turns out. The spark plug sparks and the needle is set at the second from the bottom place. Still wont start, do the main and slow jets need to be all the way in or turned out like the fuel mixture screw? Towed it behind my jeep and got it going but when i gave it throttle it didnt seem to want to rev up, and if i pulled the clutch in it immediately died. Anyone know whats wrong? Thanks in advance for any help

I would check your intake valves, They may be zeroed out.  Not being able to kick start, but will roll/pull/bump start is a classic sign of intake valves.  They could be so far out that even when pull starting the valves are not closing all the way. 

Ok so im a mechanical retard so be gentle. Bike wont start, i live and will be riding at 9k+ elevation and brought it from sea level. I rejetted it to the best of my knowledge (went to local shop and told them what elevation i would be riding at and they gave me new main and slow jets). I have the fuel mixture screw at 1 and 1/2 turns out. The spark plug sparks and the needle is set at the second from the bottom place. Still wont start, do the main and slow jets need to be all the way in or turned out like the fuel mixture screw? Towed it behind my jeep and got it going but when i gave it throttle it didnt seem to want to rev up, and if i pulled the clutch in it immediately died. Anyone know whats wrong? Thanks in advance for any help

No, they tighten (gently) all the way down.

Change your fuel and your spark plug.

Hey thanks for the help guys! Put a new spark plug in and it started up first kick.  Ok so i may have spoke to soon, changed the oil and let it run for a few minutes. It died on me while doing this and now its back to not starting again. 

:banghead:

Edited by Dan8989

Perhaps the jetting is such that it is fouling out your spark plug with unturned fuel. What does the spark plug look like when you take it out?

The spark plug looks like it has a gas/oil mix on the end that sparks. Also checked the jets again and 1 0f them was sitting in the drain bolt at the bottom, so i put it back in and now when i check them the carb is bone dry. Opened the carb up and made sure it was clean and the jets were clear.

If a jet gets clogged by varnish or corrosion, that problem is in multiple places in the carb, and pulling the jets out and 'cleaning' them will not cure the problem.

You have to ream the pilot passage, for example, with fishing line.