Sign in to follow this  

Keep slipping tire and popping tubes... Life of a Pitbike?

Bought a crf50 about 4 days ago. With in the first hour of ride time pop a tube... TLDR. Whats the best way to keep this from happening. local Honda shop is full of retards. Im running stock with kenda milvilles. 2.75. I've replaced three tubes after some just general riding. My buddy with year older bike and what seems to be a wider tire has had zero problems.  

HOW do I remedy this? I ran about 22 pounds in my tubes and didn't do anything crazy whilst on the bike. Other local bike shop says I'ved "rolled my bead" on my tire and I need a new one. 

Will a new wider tire fix this? What have you guys done? My pitbike project really isn't taking off that well. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Stock motor shouldn't really need it but it was just an idea. I have an 88RH motor with 4 speed trans and run rim lock rear. 2.75 rear tire with about 15psi.

Replace the tire today, boys. Dunlop 2.75. I took it really easy the first hour riding with a buddy. Road around town and then took to a local backyard track. No rim lock. Jumped it, slightly. Took about 4 laps. Then we went to riding in a yard, "drifting" in the dew. Then late went to a local lot that we don't get bothered in, rode wheelies all night. Really impressed with it so far. 

Lost the nut and back sleeve to the rear drum tonight,  :banghead: . If its not one things its another. Ride on homies. 

Word of advice. DO NOT BUT KENDA MILLVILLES.