I've been challenged

Well it was bound to happen.

A few guys in our association want to build a ramp to use out at the local off road area, they want to build a top notch ramp and are looking for donations from the rest of the members on our facebook page, As the President of the organization they "formally" challenged me to a contest.

If they can raise their goal of a $1000, then I am to jump on my TTR and water-cross it in one of the pond out in the area.

saying that I have never water-crossed before and not sure on the technique to use, any tips would be grateful right about now....

lol

A few guys in our association want to build a ramp to use out at the local off road area, they want to build a top notch ramp and are looking for donations from the rest of the members on our facebook page, As the President of the organization they "formally" challenged me to a contest.

If they can raise their goal of a $1000, then I am to jump on my TTR and water-cross it in one of the pond out in the area.

saying that I have never water-crossed before and not sure on the technique to use, any tips would be grateful right about now....

lol

How big and deep is the pond?

Swap out the tires for the largest you can. Get your speed up to over 60. Hang your butt over the rear fender.

Plenty of youtube videos of guys crossing ponds on bikes. All speed and water displacement

I hope you guys have really good insurance and sign waivers that are reviewed by attorneys.

• Like 4

If I was ever challenged to cross a pond on a TTR, I would respectfully say, "F**k that!"  :lol:

• Like 10

How big and deep is the pond?

There are 2 ponds, really its super large puddles in the middle of a large sandpit, the one is about 75 feet across and is not that deep I think 2-3 feet deep tops,  The other pond is about 40-50 feet but that water is deeper, about 4 feet deep in the middle....

I guess I could just ride through it and keep my feet up on the handlebars, the bet does not mention any speed lol

• Like 2

I guess I could just ride through it and keep my feet up on the handlebars, the bet does not mention any speed lol

Lol please do this 

• Like 2

There are 2 ponds, really its super large puddles in the middle of a large sandpit, the one is about 75 feet across and is not that deep I think 2-3 feet deep tops,  The other pond is about 40-50 feet but that water is deeper, about 4 feet deep in the middle....

Hmmm you're going to need to go quite fast. Be aware that if you fail, its not going to be a small one.

• Like 1

Lol please do this 

OP, IF you try this, PLEASE have the Go Pro running.

• Like 10

lol

http://www.msn.com/en-ae/video/watch/pipe-dream-robbie-madison-surfs-on-a-dirt-bike/vi-BBlnB4h

There are 2 ponds, really its super large puddles in the middle of a large sandpit, the one is about 75 feet across and is not that deep I think 2-3 feet deep tops, The other pond is about 40-50 feet but that water is deeper, about 4 feet deep in the middle.... I guess I could just ride through it and keep my feet up on the handlebars, the bet does not mention any speed lol

How much do you weigh? I doubt the ttr will even hit 60. And then add sand(depending how deep) to the equation? Yah right... Maybe 40 mph which means you will be pretty much submarining it as soon as you touch the water.

My old ttr would only do 55 wrung to the max on the pavement while going slightly downhill do I have a hard time believing it would go fast enough to hydroplane anything especially with those little pizza cutter tires. But I'm not gonna say don't do it cause I want you to prove me wrong!!

If you aint seen it yet then watch how Robby Maddison does it on the wave in the ocean, just incredible! http://www.msn.com/en-ae/video/watch/pipe-dream-robbie-madison-surfs-on-a-dirt-bike/vi-BBlnB4h

• Like 2

OP, IF you try this, PLEASE have the Go Pro running.

I will have my Sony Action Camera ready, and I am sure the other members will have their stuff recording lol

• Like 3

I will have my Sony Action Camera ready, and I am sure the other members will have their stuff recording lol

Got good cover for broken bones in your health insurance?

Got good cover for broken bones in your health insurance?

I am Canadian, we have a pre-paid health care system :p

I plan on wearing all my PPE, no worries there lol

Edited by soupysocks
  • Like 2

Dem gat damned farm bikes....

Edited by C_Jay_B