Sign in to follow this  

Atv Don't laugh.......

Last month, my uncle invited my family on a camping trip.  In doing so, he also dropped off 3 ATVs that had been sitting all year so that I could prep them for the camping trip.  Just had to do the usual carb cleaning, but one of them also required a re-jet for elevation.  All went well and we loaded up for a great campout.  While we're up there, he mentions that his work takes him out of town too often and his machines just sit there in his garage until his annual camping trip.  So, he gives me one of the ATVs claiming lack of use!

So now I've added another toy to my collection, but before you guys say "oh man! that's so cool!", I have to tell you what it is.  He bought a Rancher 420FI for work, and bought his grandson a little Baja 49cc.  He kept both of those and gave me a Roketa 250 sport quad.  I know, its not a Honda!  But, for a completely free toy, its not bad.  I had to tighten every nut and bolt and verify coolant/oil levels, but its not that bad.  My fat azz can get it up to about 45mph, which is about twice as fast as my family will ride down the trail. It has electric start and reverse, with less than 5hrs on the whole thing.  I'm not complaining!

Last month, my uncle invited my family on a camping trip. In doing so, he also dropped off 3 ATVs that had been sitting all year so that I could prep them for the camping trip. Just had to do the usual carb cleaning, but one of them also required a re-jet for elevation. All went well and we loaded up for a great campout. While we're up there, he mentions that his work takes him out of town too often and his machines just sit there in his garage until his annual camping trip. So, he gives me one of the ATVs claiming lack of use!

So now I've added another toy to my collection, but before you guys say "oh man! that's so cool!", I have to tell you what it is. He bought a Rancher 420FI for work, and bought his grandson a little Baja 49cc. He kept both of those and gave me a Roketa 250 sport quad. I know, its not a Honda! But, for a completely free toy, its not bad. I had to tighten every nut and bolt and verify coolant/oil levels, but its not that bad. My fat azz can get it up to about 45mph, which is about twice as fast as my family will ride down the trail. It has electric start and reverse, with less than 5hrs on the whole thing. I'm not complaining!

Free quad...no one can complain! And I bet your heart dropped when you saw that he was gonna keep that 420!

Last month, my uncle invited my family on a camping trip. In doing so, he also dropped off 3 ATVs that had been sitting all year so that I could prep them for the camping trip. Just had to do the usual carb cleaning, but one of them also required a re-jet for elevation. All went well and we loaded up for a great campout. While we're up there, he mentions that his work takes him out of town too often and his machines just sit there in his garage until his annual camping trip. So, he gives me one of the ATVs claiming lack of use!

So now I've added another toy to my collection, but before you guys say "oh man! that's so cool!", I have to tell you what it is. He bought a Rancher 420FI for work, and bought his grandson a little Baja 49cc. He kept both of those and gave me a Roketa 250 sport quad. I know, its not a Honda! But, for a completely free toy, its not bad. I had to tighten every nut and bolt and verify coolant/oil levels, but its not that bad. My fat azz can get it up to about 45mph, which is about twice as fast as my family will ride down the trail. It has electric start and reverse, with less than 5hrs on the whole thing. I'm not complaining!

Sounds like a great deal to me.