Am I crazy? Ok I know this topic has been beaten to death...

So a friend of mine and I had gotten into a discussion about gear ratios. I had told him that on my 2013 ktm 125 I was using a 13 counter shaft sprocket and a 52 rear sprocket. His argument is that because of the ratio I "shortened" the usable power and that it was more a supercross set up. My argument back was that with that ratio it's easier to stay in the meat of power and by the numbers adds torque? Correct me if I'm way off but the power band really shouldn't be affected? It's gonna come on at a certain rpm right?

Certain rpm, lower vehicle speed.

So a friend of mine and I had gotten into a discussion about gear ratios. I had told him that on my 2013 ktm 125 I was using a 13 counter shaft sprocket and a 52 rear sprocket. His argument is that because of the ratio I "shortened" the usable power and that it was more a supercross set up. My argument back was that with that ratio it's easier to stay in the meat of power and by the numbers adds torque? Correct me if I'm way off but the power band really shouldn't be affected? It's gonna come on at a certain rpm right?

The higher your gearing (13:48 is higher than 13:52), the more spaced out your gears will be.  Lower gearing makes it easier to stay in the meat of the powerband, but you will be shifting more.  You gotta find the right balance for your weight and skill.

If you install a 14 countershaft (they are only $20), that is similar to the 13:48 gearing.  That will give you an idea of how the bike handles with higher gearing.