Sign in to follow this  

2001 cr250 pipe guard options

Hey guys, just got a works pipe for my bike, but can't find any decent guards for it.

Will the 02+ guards fit?

I'm looking at E-line carbon fiber or similar. I do not want to use aluminum or any "general fit" guards.

Having used both carbon fiber and aluminum, I actually find that the aluminum seems to do a better job of dissipating the energy from an impact, as it does not fit so snug around the pipe and allows some crush space.

Carbon fiber does look better however, if that is an issue.

If you have a works pipe however, which is unfinished I believe, you won't want to use any guard, unless you plan to remove it every ride to clean and oil the finish.

Edited by rpt50

Having used both carbon fiber and aluminum, I actually find that the aluminum seems to do a better job of dissipating the energy from an impact, as it does not fit so snug around the pipe and allows some crush space.

Carbon fiber does look better however, if that is an issue.

If you have a works pipe however, which is unfinished I believe, you won't want to use any guard, unless you plan to remove it every ride to clean and oil the finish.

Thank you,

Yes I plan to remove it and clean after every ride.

I bought an 02+ works pipe by accident and it's not shaped the same as the old beat up one I had. The initial bend at the cylinder was different. And the large chamber would hit the engine, not allowing for the end of the pipe to meet the silencer. That's how I found out I ordered the wrong one! A guard may fit but I know for sure the pipe is shaped differently.