Sign in to follow this  

2015 WR250R Pricing

Just got a dealer quote for a new '15 WR250R: $6,789 OTD (plated, taxes, reg, sticker, etc.). Hard to find lightly used WR in these parts for much less than $5,000, and that's before taxes, registration, plate, etc. I know that used is still cheaper, but 2.4% APR for 60 months also makes the investment a little easier on the immediate finances... Decisions decisions.

I hate to say it, but the lack of top end on my CRF250L is pushing me towards the WR (bike I should have bought to begin with); I swear that our little T-Dub pulls harder up top, and my (petite) wife has no problem just about matching speed (true 75 MPH!) down the highway when we ride together. The CRFL performs just fine off road (race tech suspension + a bunch of other mods), but I bought it with the primary intention of turning it into a small displacement ADV bike, and the lack of top end on the road is becoming a huge drag - I'm bouncing it off the rev limiter constantly clear.png:cry: 

What say y'all on the price quote?

I just paid $7,200 for mine without the "gold pkg" which included gap ins. pcmp and a few other goodies. Altogether it was $9,200 but id say thats a darn good price. It was impossible for me to find on under 7k near me

I guess I might as well make my presence known. Howdy from Maryland. I'm a new member and just bought my very first sorta real dirt bike. I'm thinking I got a pretty good deal. What do you guys think? I picked up a very lightly used 2014 with ~660 miles on it for ~$5550 on the road. The dealer said a guy bought it from them, basically never rode it, and then sold it back. It looks completely showroom new. I did a search on cycletrader and it was the cheapest one within several hundred miles. There was another on in PA with 1600 miles on it for $4K +TTT but it was already sold when I called about it.

I'm going to do the factory shock shorten and raise  the forks a bit before getting fully acquainted. I'm only about 5-8 so the height is a little intimidating as-is. Tonight, I took all the plastic off so I could see what the actual hardware underneath looks like and get familiar with where everything is. I've always had Hondas, this is my first Yamaha. I'm impressed so far.

First mods will be a skid plate and rack. Suggestions on a nice rack are welcome.

I guess I might as well make my presence known. Howdy from Maryland. I'm a new member and just bought my very first sorta real dirt bike. I'm thinking I got a pretty good deal. What do you guys think? I picked up a very lightly used 2014 with ~660 miles on it for ~$5550 on the road. The dealer said a guy bought it from them, basically never rode it, and then sold it back. It looks completely showroom new. I did a search on cycletrader and it was the cheapest one within several hundred miles. There was another on in PA with 1600 miles on it for $4K +TTT but it was already sold when I called about it.

I'm going to do the factory shock shorten and raise the forks a bit before getting fully acquainted. I'm only about 5-8 so the height is a little intimidating as-is. Tonight, I took all the plastic off so I could see what the actual hardware underneath looks like and get familiar with where everything is. I've always had Hondas, this is my first Yamaha. I'm impressed so far.

First mods will be a skid plate and rack. Suggestions on a nice rack are welcome.

Is it the wr250r? If so id say the oem rack is the sharpest looking one. Price is pretty steep though