2001 RM 125 with tranny problem $1000

Maybe not much wrong with it. Splitting cases for sure.

That's a good price IMO. If you do the work definitely worth it.

I had a used 01 also with that issue and I put real good synthetic oil in it and it shifted better for me. It was no way fixed but I didn't hit neutral half as much. Rode it all season then sold it and as far as I know the kid is still riding it. Maybe worth a try before you tear it apart to get some ride time out of it. I know when I get a new toy I always want to rip before working on it lol.

Waste of money. In perfect condition, it is a $1,100 bike.

A pro mechanic would spend at least fours hours labor to redo the engine (that is about $350)

Gaskets, at least a new shifter fork, and????

Bad trans on a 14 year old bike makes it worth abut $400 tops.

Waste of money. In perfect condition, it is a $1,100 bike.

A pro mechanic would spend at least fours hours labor to redo the engine (that is about $350)

Gaskets, at least a new shifter fork, and????

Bad trans on a 14 year old bike makes it worth abut $400 tops.

Not from around here, are you?

Prices are much much more.

That bike looks real good, and the problem sounds like an easy fix.

For some background on pricing around here, my mint 98 rm125 was $1500, my seized 94yz125 was $500.

A fool and his money... teasing

I gave the pricing in US dollars, not CDN.

A 14 YO bike is near the end of manufacturer parts support.

The problem may be nothing more than a bent shift shaft.

It might be bent forks and trashed gears that have also trashed bearings and all bolts buggered up by a pipe wrench. You just do not know, a broken bike is a can of worms. At least a running proper machine gives you a fair starting point.

A fool and his money... teasing

I gave the pricing in US dollars, not CDN.

A 14 YO bike is near the end of manufacturer parts support.

The problem may be nothing more than a bent shift shaft.

It might be bent forks and trashed gears that have also trashed bearings and all bolts buggered up by a pipe wrench. You just do not know, a broken bike is a can of worms. At least a running proper machine gives you a fair starting point.

Here that's a 1000$ bike. I wouldn't say it's a bargain, but it's fair market for that bike in many parts of Canada. With no issues, most people would ask 1800-2500$ here.

Crazy, I know, but it's reality.

Thx guys, I really appreciate all the input and I love all the debates that go on here.You all made valid points.

It is true that bikes are more expensive here, but they usually have lower hours because of the shorter seasons. I once went to Vermont to buy a GSX 600, I used it 2 years and sold it for the same price I bought it for.

Obviously I would bring the price down to 800 or 850$, I`d like to show up with a bunch of tools and take it apart before buying it. In my opinion there is a good chance it`s an easy fix, but it`s a gamble for sure. In the original ad she was asking 1400$.

I like this one http://www.kijiji.ca/v-motocross/laval-rive-nord/prix-debarras-yamaha-yz-250-2000-mec-a1-goodies/1094662532 but it will probably be sold before I can make it to that area.

For me shoping for a bike is almost as fun as riding it, I want to know how far I can go with 1000$...and leave the seller dazed and confused :facepalm:

Edited by Payne

Thx guys, I really appreciate all the input and I love all the debates that go on here.You all made valid points.

It is true that bikes are more expensive here, but they usually have lower hours because of the shorter seasons. I once went to Vermont to buy a GSX 600, I used it 2 years and sold it for the same price I bought it for.

Obviously I would bring the price down to 800 or 850$, I`d like to show up with a bunch of tools and take it apart before buying it. In my opinion there is a good chance it`s an easy fix, but it`s a gamble for sure. In the original ad she was asking 1400$.

I like this one http://www.kijiji.ca/v-motocross/laval-rive-nord/prix-debarras-yamaha-yz-250-2000-mec-a1-goodies/1094662532 but it will probably be sold before I can make it to that area.

For me shoping for a bike is almost as fun as riding it, I want to know how far I can go with 1000$...and leave the seller dazed and confused :facepalm:

Don't let them get to you. I have never paid over a grand for a bike, running or not