Izzi fully gone

On 11/3/2018 at 8:08 PM, LSHD said:

dam a dog..  now thats low..   cass county is in my backyard.. wonder why he's hanging in cass.  thought he was from detroit area?

I understand what you are saying I respect your perspective but there comes a time when personal responsibility comes into play.  For &%$#@! sake, 17 years old and he's a professional athlete making more in a year than I did in 8 years but he's not smart enough to make a decision for his future?
It's no secret the manager you threw under the bus can be tough on his employees and demands perfection.  That has also proven to be a winning combination for him and the teams he has managed.  The MX industry demands performance and for the most part is a forgiving group and they know the mentality of that manager.  If the story you say is true, he could have healed himself up and got a ride with a different team.
The bottom line for me is Izzy's poor decision making led to his demise.  There has to be personal responsibility that comes into play in any situation like this. 
17 year olds make poor decisions. My folks had to send me out to live on the street at 17 for their own safety lol. If i can be a semi functioning member of society so can this kid.

3 hours ago, HevyRotashunz said:
On 11/3/2018 at 10:10 AM, yzernie said:
I understand what you are saying I respect your perspective but there comes a time when personal responsibility comes into play.  For &%$#@! sake, 17 years old and he's a professional athlete making more in a year than I did in 8 years but he's not smart enough to make a decision for his future?
It's no secret the manager you threw under the bus can be tough on his employees and demands perfection.  That has also proven to be a winning combination for him and the teams he has managed.  The MX industry demands performance and for the most part is a forgiving group and they know the mentality of that manager.  If the story you say is true, he could have healed himself up and got a ride with a different team.
The bottom line for me is Izzy's poor decision making led to his demise.  There has to be personal responsibility that comes into play in any situation like this. 

Read more  

17 year olds make poor decisions. My folks had to send me out to live on the street at 17 for their own safety lol. If i can be a semi functioning member of society so can this kid.

just saying 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mog said:

Anyone who thinks a 17 year old can handle the decisions and pressures of a famous lifestyle, is basically too old to remember how young 17 is emoji3.png

Seems like a lot of 17 year old kids are on the track. It also seems like the vast majority of those kids grow up without much dificulty.........Am I wrong :excuseme:

Some people come out broken and they can't be fixed

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Most 17 year olds don't have fame and fortune to test them to that level , in the eyes of the law are they even adults ? My son is 16 ,he works 3 days a week and studies 3 days a week ,8 hope I have done a good job and he's a typical 16 year old ,if I threw money at him and fame in 8 months time I don't think he would handle it honestly

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mog said:

Most 17 year olds don't have fame and fortune to test them to that level , in the eyes of the law are they even adults ? My son is 16 ,he works 3 days a week and studies 3 days a week ,8 hope I have done a good job and he's a typical 16 year old ,if I threw money at him and fame in 8 months time I don't think he would handle it honestly

At every professional AMA and MXGP 250 race you see lots of kids that are riding in the same boots that Izzi rode in. The VAST majority of them will turn out to be great adults leading productive lives

I choose to congratulate those kids for doing a fine job. I have no interest in the small percentage of kids that turn rotten. That's what police are for

Edited by MotorBoatin
  • Like 5

On 8/29/2015 at 8:45 PM, GBowman said:

I agree, but when a 17 year old kid under pressure to come back is givin them snd not told the consequences and asks for help and basicaly blown off by his manager, its a bit different.  

I understand this and even though I agree with both sides I am going to side with Bowman on this one. 

Remember I am still in recovery from when I turned my Tib/Fib into powder from a plateau fracture at 43. Now as powerful as the attraction was, I still took personal responsibility and took what was prescribed and no more. I actually stopped taking them against doctor's orders. I also take a Benzo to sleep. I am tapering from them as we speak (have a horrible headache, burning muscles, dizziness, aches and pains, sweating, extreme anxiety, this stuff is the worst) and my doctor insist they are safe. But I cannot hold her accountable even if she says they are safe. I could have just as easily researched Benzos before I started to take them so that is on me.

However..............

Bowman is approaching this correctly in that he is looking at this through the lenses of Izzy. He brought to bear this was a 17 year old kid trying to make it in professional sports and you can bet that pressure alone would cause him to subject himself willingly to whatever the powers that be say out of fear! It is not us we are talking about here, it is a 17 year old kid named Izzy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jz125 said:

I understand this and even though I agree with both sides I am going to side with Bowman on this one. 

Remember I am still in recovery from when I turned my Tib/Fib into powder from a plateau fracture at 43. Now as powerful as the attraction was, I still took personal responsibility and took what was prescribed and no more. I actually stopped taking them against doctor's orders. I also take a Benzo to sleep. I am tapering from them as we speak (have a horrible headache, burning muscles, dizziness, aches and pains, sweating, extreme anxiety, this stuff is the worst) and my doctor insist they are safe. But I cannot hold her accountable even if she says they are safe. I could have just as easily researched Benzos before I started to take them so that is on me.

However..............

Bowman is approaching this correctly in that he is looking at this through the lenses of Izzy. He brought to bear this was a 17 year old kid trying to make it in professional sports and you can bet that pressure alone would cause him to subject himself willingly to whatever the powers that be say out of fear! It is not us we are talking about here, it is a 17 year old kid named Izzy.

sounds like you take a lot of pills over there.  face it the older you get the less you sleep.  Soon IL will be legal and you wont have to travel to MI to get relief.

• Like 1

At every professional AMA and MXGP 250 race you see lots of kids that are riding in the same boots that Izzi rode in. The VAST majority of them will turn out to be great adults leading productive lives
I choose to congratulate those kids for doing a fine job. I have no interest in the small percentage of kids that turn rotten. That's what police are for
A famous guy once said something about your character being revealed by how you treat the least among us.
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, mog said:

Anyone who thinks a 17 year old can handle the decisions and pressures of a famous lifestyle, is basically too old to remember how young 17 is emoji3.png

Which is exactly why I said he should have had someone looking out for him (parent, guardian) until he turned 18 but you chose to discount my comments.  I'm sure at one point he was a good kid but at 17 years old, and being a street wise youth, he was well aware of what could happen with drugs...prescription or illicit.  Still, his overseer should have put a stop to all of that nonsense. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HevyRotashunz said:
4 hours ago, MotorBoatin said:

A famous guy once said something about your character being revealed by how you treat the least among us.

They weren't talking about drug addicts. They were talking about poor people 

High society has always frowned upon the less fortunate

Poor people include "drunkards". The Bible talks about those "of too much wine." I think It's safe to say that addicts fall in that list of poor people too... unless of course you are an elite religious, controlling, power-seeking dictator like the Pharisees.

1 minute ago, The Deplorable said:
11 minutes ago, MotorBoatin said:

Read more  

Poor people include "drunkards". The Bible talks about those "of too much wine." I think It's safe to say that addicts fall in that list of poor people too... unless of course you are an elite religious, controlling, power-seeking dictator like the Pharisees.

LOL

I know of a few rich "drunkards"

5 minutes ago, HevyRotashunz said:

Happy Thanksgiving.

Thank you and same to you  ?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Havingfun said:

sounds like you take a lot of pills over there.  face it the older you get the less you sleep.  Soon IL will be legal and you wont have to travel to MI to get relief.

LOL I said I was quitting them, but you are right! I never said how many! ?

I ride motorcycles, are you surprised by this?

• Like 2