DT1 Air Filter Oil&Cleaner?

Has anyone every tried it?  I was thinking about giving them a shot and see how good they are.

I'm more interested on how well the cleaner works on the oil when cleaning the filter.

I have used NO-Toil and liked how easy the filter was to clean. I am now currently using TWIN-AIR oil and cleaner.

To me the TWIN-AIR oil is hard to beat but the cleaner takes awhile to break the oil down in the filter. Usually about 8 to 10 Hours to completely get the oil off the Filter.

You can get the oil out using the Twin-Air cleaner in about 15 minutes but to get the Filter looking like new you have to let it sit an soak for hours occasionally agitating just so the oil doesn't stain the Filter.

If any one has tried the DT! Oil and Cleaner ......Chime in with the results.

• Like 1

Stuff is great! The oil is super tacky, but when you clean it with the cleaner your filter looks brand new again. I would also say they are the highest quality filters I've ever had. I wash my filters every ride and never saw them break down in any way. Give it a shot, I'd say you'll be happy you did.

Sounds good! I will order me some and also a couple more air filters

Their triple layer filter is pretty sweet and I really like that the mating surface to the air box is a soft rubber like material, always seemed like it sealed up better than an average filter.

Their triple layer filter is pretty sweet and I really like that the mating surface to the air box is a soft rubber like material, always seemed like it sealed up better than an average filter.

I have one DT1-Air Filter but it is just the standard foam type. This time I believe I will get the next step up one which is the double one. The one you are talking about is the sand and mud one. I may even get one of those just for mud rides and when I go to a sand track

To the OP or any one else,

I've read lots of post's about air filters/oil but have never really read anything that the has convinced me that NO-Toil is better or worse than conventional oil.

I'm using Twin Air filters with their skins and No-Toil. IMO - Being able to clean in warm water in your sink or while camping and biodegradable, not sure why anyone uses anything else.

So I'm interested to know why you are not using No-Toil regularly??

Edited by filterx

To the OP or any one else,

I've read lots of post's about air filters/oil but have never really read anything that the has convinced me that NO-Toil is better or worse than conventional oil.

I'm using Twin Air filters with their skins and No-Toil. IMO - Being able to clean in warm water in your sink or while camping and biodegradable, not sure why anyone uses anything else.

So I'm interested to know why you are not using No-Toil regularly??

I use to use No-toil back in 2003 through Up until like 2006. I had a sponsorship discount with them. I really liked No-Toil and it worked very well and cleaning was a breeze. I just couldnt get a sponsorship with them again so I Just picked up a Twin-Air deal an been using them since.

Only thing with Twin-Air ......is cleaning them takes a lot longer. You have to let the filter sit in the cleaner for about 8 or so hours and agitate it frequently so that the standing oil in the tub don't stain the filter.

I just recently the other day picked up a deal with DT1 Filters and wanted to try them.

• 4 weeks later...

Stuff is great! The oil is super tacky, but when you clean it with the cleaner your filter looks brand new again. I would also say they are the highest quality filters I've ever had. I wash my filters every ride and never saw them break down in any way. Give it a shot, I'd say you'll be happy you did.

I received my DT-1 oil and cleaner. I would have thought the cleaner would have been a powder but it is a liquid. About how much do you use of the cleaner when cleaning the Filter......in ounces...?

Since the cleaner is a liquid.....I would say one will go through it pretty quick!

• 1 year later...

Try a twin air wash bucket and filter oil bucket the cleaner should last for months. Also the staining of the filter from the oil will have no ill effect on the filter so it doesn't need to soak for hours. Should only take 10 minutes or so the get all the dirt/sand/oil out of the filter. Follow that up with a dunk in some soapy water and a clean water rinse and done. I used to use notoil but found that it dries out if not installed and ridden the same day. The oil also migrated to the bottom of the filter leaving the top portion dry. It also isn't as tacky as belray or maxima filter oil. I ride in almost exclusively sand so I don't have any confidence in the notoil and there was a small but getting thru my filters. So while notoil is easier I don't believe it filters as well as real oil and it damn sure doesn't last as long in my experience.