VOR 530 sme missfire

hi guys, looking for some technical advise here regarding a 6 month old VOR 530 sme that has developed a missfire at 1/4 throttle, been back to the dealer, who done the carb clean, plug, etc... gave it back exactly the same! also noticed the oil was a bit milky, so changed that and the water level is down by about 100ml, had heard they were prone to head gaskets, would this explain all/some of the above,

any help is greatly appreciated,

thanks, steve ?

03 or 04 SME?

Not prone to head gaskets?? however milky oil could be head gasket or water pump seal, get dealer to pressure test and that will tell you straight away if there is a problem. Have seen moisture get in from pressure cleaning! Also check over flows from carb are not sucking water back up, shorten if required. ?

My water pump bearings went out and water got into my oil, but only after many miles of riding my 01 VOR. Miss at mid throttle is probably due to the needle being in the wrong position. Try moving it up or down one notch and see if it makes it better or worse. That will tell you if you are going in the right direction.